Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGjq3cLG1g

This soldier in Iraq had an HP printer which quit working. He contacted HP tech support for help to fix it. HP told the soldier that he would have to pay them for the advice. Watch this 60 second video for his response to them. I don't know how many folks will end up seeing this ...but HP customer relations probably wish they had helped him out or even sent him a new printer.

:mosh:

Oh and the soldier made HP make some drastic changes! They now offer FREE support for any overseas active duty personel! Regardless of warranty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euh1g21x_rs&feature=related

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,114 Posts
Amazing that all it took was some well placed rounds to get their attention. :rolleyes:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
HP's response is not any thing but pure BS on top of BS.

This was nothing but a very feeble attempt at damage control and pulling a positive cover over an absolute portrayal of the dismal and horrific support you get from HP. Been there done that. They prey on the ignorance of technology of their customers.

They are predators. The last thing they are interested in is their customer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looks like the soldier trouble "shot" that printer!!!!!

Funny thing is that to pay for their trouble "shooting" help would probably cost as much as buying a new printer.
:patriot:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did notice that after watching it and the response. It is still remarkable that it did get HP to adapt their policy to help out our troops. We all know they can use it from all fronts.

·
El Chupacabra Lives!
5,687 Posts
Least he didn't say 'HP Rep could you hold this printer for a umm photo op, yea photo op...'

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
My first thought was "Get Some!!" Glad to see HP changed their policy. I heard of a similar problem with a laptop (I think an Apple) where the "customer" was unhappy and filmed the computer being thrown from a roof and beaten with a baseball bat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts