Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Somebody protested the protesters

3K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  epiphysis 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Thats a great story... Thanks for sharing it.

It's funny how they like to do-un to others but freak out when it's done back to them... :cheers: (also some extra Kudo's go to the local PD who worked "with" them)

+1... I'd be happy do do my part if it was within reach.

#7 ·
I ride by the radio station everyday on my way home from work, and see his Ultra parked outside. This makes me think I may try real hard to make his Brass Monkey ride come December. :)
And if he does organize another ride to Kansas, I think there will be a lot more riders going with him.

#9 ·
VERY nice! I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction all four must have felt. You KNOW the LEO's got a chuckle out of the whole thing as well. :cheers:

#10 ·
I laughed, I cried with gratitude and my heart sang for a change. A priceless invasion by a small group. I'd like to see different ride show up with 100's or 1,000's of passionate but peaceful bikers show uo during the riding season. Sirs my hat is off to the 4 of you. The heck with coffee and donuts, I'd like to buy them steak dinners.

#13 ·
Priceless....Simply Priceless....:patriot::patriot:

I may just have to make it thru Topeka on my way to WV...I am sure my bike would cause a stir...

#15 ·
:hmm2:...I just might have to seriously think about that....I just looked at Google maps and Topeka is sitting right on I-70..

I could be there on Saturday night and be ready for Sunday morning...

Might even contact Topeka PD and let them know ahead of time...I will, of course, send them pics of the bike so they will be able to readily "identify" the perp....LOL...:D;)

#22 ·
"So Topeka’s finest arrived and talked with “the man with no name”and assured him that we were more than in the right to walk down the sidewalk with our flags without permits. The ‘man with no name’ got so mad he changed the time of their service to start at 9:30am {it was 9:18am at this point} because you can’t protest or picket within 50 feet while a “church” is in service."

HUH? How can a law preventing protesting a funeral be held unconstitutional, but a law protesting a church service isn't?

IDK, maybe someone should contact the ACLU and have them sue to overturn the law against protesting within 50' of a church service!

#25 ·
You know- I read about this just earlier today online. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

I laughed, I cried with gratitude and my heart sang for a change. A priceless invasion by a small group. I'd like to see different ride show up with 100's or 1,000's of passionate but peaceful bikers show uo during the riding season. Sirs my hat is off to the 4 of you. The heck with coffee and donuts, I'd like to buy them steak dinners.
Amen Jerry.

#27 ·
:patriot: Kudos to those four guys. If this could turn into an organized event several times a year(?) or maybe after each time they protest someplace else they come home to be met by a bunch of proud flag carrying citizens. I would certainly like to join in the event(s). :hmm2: :D

#29 ·
:icon_cens

Good deal! There are other folks protesting WBC when they visit other locations, too. When they decided to desecrate Elizabeth Edwards funeral, here in NC, there were enough protesters to keep them at a distance.

I would caution folks to remember that these :icon_cens loons are also attorneys and know the law(s), so if you choose to protest them, you'd better make sure you are on the right side of the law. Other than the obvious weak attempt at intimidation, that is one of the big reasons for the cameras....

#31 ·
By no means a short ride for me but I'd do everything in my power to get time off work for the M&G&P if it could get scheduled. My wife is from Canada and from what she's seen and heard about the Westboro group, she's all for a protest of them as well. She says she will drive our truck so we can have room for extra flags etc. in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.