Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Someone Stole My License Plate

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  rs42sport 
#1 ·
I pulled the bike out of the garage( Because the condensation is horrible, but that is another topic) and I saw wires hanging from the back of my bike. I than noticed my side mount license plate was gone. I first thought the kids ran their bikes into it and broke it off. Than is saw the bolt was loose and the whole bracket was gone.

The scarey part is the last time I rode was from Indiana and if someone snatched it while I was eating I rode for several miles with a loose shock bolt.

Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive plate light? I made the plate bracket so I will make another.

#2 ·
That sucks!
I just used the LED bolts when I modded my plate.

#3 ·
Dan I was going to do the kermit mod but I've been busy it's the frame n led lights its yours send me your address ill ship it out tonight... Don’t worry I'll pick up another frame later..

#5 ·
I'm sorry, I 'm not having much luck with my lay down plate and thought I would pop over and borrow yours to see if it fit better. You don't mind do you? Just kidding.

No that really sucks. good luck working it out. But I really may have a lay down plate frame and bracket for you if I really don't work something out with it soon. No light though and not side mount.

PPE

#6 ·
Dang, that story stinks. Note to self-stay out of Indiana. I was snowed-in at Gary for a month back in the 70s. Now, I have another reason to never go there. Glad you made it home safely. We take stuff for granted; like you just expect your shock bolts to be there. I like the way the Saudi's just cut off the hands of thieves.

#8 ·
That sucks, man. I have no light for you but you have my sincere condolences. After the ride home you made from the recent tech session, this just adds insult to injury.

G'day,

Vinish

#10 · (Edited)
the package has shipped... it'll be there by Friday... You'll like the color it'll match everything else on the bike....

Reactions: wanderingbear
#14 ·
Did it show up?????

#16 ·
Hey Dan it should be at ur door step... thats what theyre tell me...

#18 ·
dan check the mailbox... you got mail... lol

#21 ·
Had my side mounted plate snapped off by a A-hole cager making a left turn while I was going thru the light. He also knocked loose my rear turn signal that I was able to glue back in place. Just missed causing me to go down, and he was long gone by the time I stopped. Only had it on a week or so.Broke the bolt and the plate hit my rear gear housing and wheel, so I have nicks there. I still have it with a cracked lens. I had another rear plate I put on and the stock shock bolt. Pissed me off to no end that he saw me and still got away with it. My riding buddy saw it all and is still in disbelief I didn't go down. All I heard and felt was the snap.

#22 ·
dan any updates

#23 ·
Dan......... :hmm2: :confused: :cool:

#25 ·
sweet...

#27 ·
Awesome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.