Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Something... something... something.... DarkSide.

Tags
dark side
2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  seangebhart 
#1 ·
OK... I finally took the plunge and had the GYTTT 295/65 R15 mounted today with 3oz of dynabeads. While on the madien voyage of 100 mls this evening I had a slight encounter. I was going 50 mph entering a 45 mph intersection when a car pulled out slightly in front of me but speeded up pretty quick which forced me to slow down a little while running up close to his bumper witin 10 feet. He then tapped his brakes and I had enough room to downshift and prepare both brakes but he continued forward. It was then that I saw the piece of plywood and 2x4's in the road.
I reacted by hammering the rear brake while downshifting. The rear tire locked up and not only skid compleatly straight but allowed enough time to pick the best route to ride over the the debris. Since it streached across the entire lane I had to go over it but all went well.
I have ridden bikes for over thirty years and have never hit the brakes this hard and fast without skiding to the side at least a little, needless to say; today a DARKSIDE fan is born. Yes the cornering is a little stiff at first but afer 100 miles either the tires or the rider are starting to break in and it is getting better every mile.

#2 ·
yep, that's the darkside for you. Straight skids and cookies too.

#5 ·
295!!!! dang! now that would be impressive.

#14 ·
I was not 10ft from the car until after it pulled out in front of me... instead for jamming on the breaks I simply down shifted bleeding off some speed until they got up to speed and gained some distance. It was then that they hit their breaks for the construction junk which started the real trouble ;=)
I would never ride that close on purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.