Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been about 10 days since we have had a decent riding day around here. I have been tied up at work all this week ... except for Tuesday which I spent in the hospital ... everyone thought I was having a heart attack ... just feeling really really bad before a terrible bout with a 24 hour stomach virus. A disadvantage to working in a hospital when you have a cardiac condition. Every time I feel bad I get aspirins and nitro shoved in my mouth, an IV stuck in my arm and enough electric leads are hooked to me to run a small community. Just an over reaction by friends, co-workers and doctors who care. Anyway on with the week.

Monday - 66° sunny - 9 hours at work and the rest of the day in the hospital
Tuesday - 69° sunny - in hospital
Wednesday - 70° sunny - 14 hours at work
Thursday - 68° sunny - 14 hours at work
Friday - 72° sunny but a little windy - 8 hours at work and home by 3:30

Couldn't wait to get home to the bike...

Did a couple of quick things at the house, geared up, headed to the barn to get the bike. Had about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to ride and relax from the week from HE_ _ at work. Get the key in the ignition. Walk over to the shelf and grab the Pledge for a quick wipe down and and the phone rings. My steadiest riding partner on the other end. He had sent his BrakeAway control in for exchange (other one just didn't ever work just right) and he had gotten his new one in. He was wanting to know if I had time to come and help him finish getting it back on. After about 3 or 4 seconds of feeling sorry for myself I said sure. Told him I was about to mount up and I would be there in a few minutes.

All said and done with a couple of interruptions included we were done in a little over an hour and a half from the time he called. Too much visiting and not enough working was part of that problem. Worth the sacrifice of the ride to see the smile on his face when the unit clicked in and off just as it was supposed to do. He was happy as a kid with a new toy. Well a 72 year old kid anyway.

So my anticipated 1 hour to 2 hour ride on this first opportunity in a little over two weeks ended up about 4 miles to town and about 4 miles home. But I guess 8 miles is better than none. It is said you must look on the bright side. I guess this was more of glimmer - a very small glimmer.

And today - Saturday - high of 48° - 25 mph winds. Colder than a witches ... oh well you get the picture....

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Sorry to hear about your long week...I know the feeling.....up at 0330..home at about 1630....Monday thru Friday...and every 4th Saturday....

Helping out your friend was a very nice gesture....:)

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Nah, you just did it a little differently. You set out to rejuvenate your soul with a ride but you ended up doing it with friendship. You still got it done.

:)

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Heck rtj, that was quite a week. But you know when friendship hurts a lot?
It hurts a lot when you neglect a friend, or make an excuse why you cant visit him, or help him, or, or, or...fill in the blank. If that friend should die before you, you will remember the times that you told him "No" and it will hurt....a lot

You can be very glad you did the right thing. :)

Bry

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Thanks for sharing that story, you did good and will be rewarded with a great ride soon. Up here in Wassshinngtooon, it rains a bit, a big bit and gets cold to do much riding in the winter season, it is hit and miss. Heck, in the mornings this time of year it can be freezing out in the morning before I head to work so I cannot ride, black ice and all. I drive the truck to work and around 9 or 10 the sun may come out and things warm up and I take a gamble and drive home and get my bike and ride back to work. (I save a lot of gas this way). Been doing this for years this time of year, about 4-5 times a month for 4 months, nov, dec, jan, feb. Sometimes I get burned and ride home in HEAVY winds and rains. Chualk it up as good riding practice and experience. :choppersm

Anyway, you did good helpen out your best riding friend. Some of us loner riders don't have one.

Joe

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Even a short ride beats no ride and the fact that you were able to help out a friend makes the short ride all the better. I'm sure you'll get rewarded with another chance for a long ride and your friend will probably be able to go with you. Glad to hear your med problems weren't serious too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts