Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was feeling down the other day and just couldn't shake that "woe is me" feeling....Maybe it is just that time of year when some folks seem to get depressed (even though we have much to be thankful for)....

My wife wanted lunch and I wanted to get away from work for awhile, so I offered to go get it for her...I ended up stopping in at a local fast food joint and something hit me like a ton of bricks....

There in the drive thru was a Soldier in his vehicle ordering lunch....I parked as quickly as I could and ran inside...He was pulling up to the "pay and grab" window as I walked in...I told the girl behind the counter that I was paying for his meal....I guess I spoke louder than I had intended and the whole restaurant heard me.....This soldier was somewhat surprised that they would not take his money....

The manager then came over and told him that someone in the lobby had paid his bill....I remained out of site and told the manager to tell him "Thank you for your service" from all of us...and he did...it was the "BEST" lunch I never ate...

I had the best ride back to work...and the rest of the day was not so bad either...

Sometimes it is the little things in life that can make the greatest change in your attitude about life...:)

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
Very very nice. Great story. It really is better to give than to receive. :mosh:

Pdave:patriot:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thats a nice story, HeadCase. One of the reasons why you felt better is because you were thinking about someone else. If you spend time thinking about others, you have less time to consider your own problems or troubles. Doing what you did will often lead to a "good feeling" that lasts a while.
Enjoy the weekend!
Bry :patriot:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Awesome thing to do. Maybe those inside that heard you may start to help our servicemen and women or others in general.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the kind words....

And I too would like to think this would inspire those who have not done something to do anything, even a handshake and a "Thank you for your service" in a grocery store, for our troops who serve ....and to rekindle that fire in those that have....

Just a reminder....this is the last day for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots collection sites....it has been truly awesome these last 2 weeks to see folks giving to those who would otherwise not be able to receive a gift....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts