Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there's anyone from Southern Minnesota or Northern Iowa around the forum??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear there's someone close enough for a ride sometime. It would be nice to get a group together some day. We'll have to see how many more are close.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 30 miles west of MPLS. If you plan a ride I'll go if I have the weekend open. I plan allot of VTX rides in my area but I like to get out and meet the other MN riders. I do allot of riding in western Wisconsin too.

Caps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Newbie here that lives in Lake Elmo, MN. Would like to ride with some fellow VTX'ers in 2009. I'm not done for the year yet but I will be picking up my skis tonight for the downhill seasons...:bleh:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, no one ever posts anything on the Minnesota site do they. I am still interested to see if there is anyone else in Southern MN or northern IA.
I check it once in awhile. There is a new Midwest Forum called NorthStar Riders. The link is below. If you like to do meet & greets, tech sessions, group rides on weekends or see custom builds and winter mods, this site is dedicated to that, welcoming all Midwest Riders no matter what bike the ride.

http://www.northstarriders.com/phpbb/index.php

Have a good one!
Lance

·
Registered
17 Posts
We ride up to Henderson every Sunday afternoon for icecream at Truddy's when there isnt much going on. Most of the time we head for the north shore or western Wisconsin for the weekend. I say "we" because the wife has a couple of bikes and I kind of tag along with her and yes I have my own bike and I keep up with her pretty good. I might see some of you over in Wisconsin in the middle of July

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would have to say that most MN people are on NorthStar or OA. Try either of these two if you want to get some responses...:choppersm

·
Registered
31 Posts
We ride up to Henderson every Sunday afternoon for icecream at Truddy's when there isnt much going on. Most of the time we head for the north shore or western Wisconsin for the weekend. I say "we" because the wife has a couple of bikes and I kind of tag along with her and yes I have my own bike and I keep up with her pretty good. I might see some of you over in Wisconsin in the middle of July
I bet you've had the brunch at Whiskey River in St. Peter. Myself and some other riders were down there a couple weekends ago. I like doing the Scenic Byway down to New Ulm. And speaking of the western Wisconsin roads, I Love Em... I'm there just about every other weekend during the summer riding the alphabet roads.
Have a good weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Watertown? Isnt that the land of million dollar ranches with 5 dollar horses? Ive bought excellent hay from that town. Can you stll drive your John Deere tractor to the Napa store? Anyway I think we are staying around here this weekend. I bought a trailer for Bonnie and she wants to try it out with a short little ride around here this Sunday. Also if your interested we will be going to the 8th annual Friends of Veterns Bike Blessng / Poker Run over at Tomah Wis the 15th. Ive got raffle tickets. 2nd place Prize is 4 passes to National Tractor Pull and many more prizes as good or better. Bonnie's brother started this run and its a lot of fun. Sadly Moss was killed in a motorcycle accedent two years ago and we go rain or shine in his memory. We will be camping by Wyeville. I pull a pop-up camper and if Bonnie likes her new trailer we can take everthing we need on the road and then some.:patriot:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Watertown? Isnt that the land of million dollar ranches with 5 dollar horses? Ive bought excellent hay from that town. Can you stll drive your John Deere tractor to the Napa store? Anyway I think we are staying around here this weekend. I bought a trailer for Bonnie and she wants to try it out with a short little ride around here this Sunday. Also if your interested we will be going to the 8th annual Friends of Veterns Bike Blessng / Poker Run over at Tomah Wis the 15th. Ive got raffle tickets. 2nd place Prize is 4 passes to National Tractor Pull and many more prizes as good or better. Bonnie's brother started this run and its a lot of fun. Sadly Moss was killed in a motorcycle accedent two years ago and we go rain or shine in his memory. We will be camping by Wyeville. I pull a pop-up camper and if Bonnie likes her new trailer we can take everthing we need on the road and then some.:patriot:
Yes sir you can still pretty much ride your tractor through town:)
Thanks for putting your Tomah ride on the new NorthStar Riders site. I'll be putting my bike back together next weekend. I need to have it ready for the Black Hills trip in a few weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rochester, MN

Yep, I see that not too many posters here. Caps, are you the feller planning the MMR? We've got friends in Watertown that ride, I know a guy in Carver that has a VTX1800 and a Wing

We're part of the SCRC

My wife has a 06VTX1300R

Mick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts