Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my steering bearings with the All Balls tapered rollers today. Does anybody know the part number or where I can buy the tool to toque to proper spec? hopping to find one in 3/8" or 1/2" drive to fit my toque wrenches.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Just use a flat ended punch-you are only talking about 17lb of torque on it. I was looking for the wrench and it cost around $100. Luckily I had one made for me by my brother - I keep it under a special $100 lock and key!.

Donut/Doug:patriot:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just worry now if feels like its way too easy to steer. Every little dip in the road moves me around, but everything is tight no play or wobble. I just think there should be some tension there to create a little friction or drag? I can weld something to the bottom of a nut to fit the spanner if needed then use torque wrench for proper loading.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well no time to wait had to make my own, old socket from Air Force don't ask. Torqued to 25 foot pounds, feels real nice now.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Well no time to wait had to make my own, old socket from Air Force don't ask. Torqued to 25 foot pounds, feels real nice now.
That looks good.
I had my brother make mine. Heck the way you did it I could of easily done my own at home with my wire welder. :banghead:

Donut/Doug:patriot:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I could of done a better job with the MIG, is been over a year since I broke it out. Was just going for function and fast, looks bad but it fits like a glove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts