Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I get a spark plug tool to remove all plugs. I have 2 that fit the size but will not fit into the plug hole.

·
Premium Member
2007 VTX 1300C
1,150 Posts
I'd go to Sear's auto and browse around. Take your old one with you. I don't have any problem with the one I have in my tool box, but not sure where I got it.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
believe it or not, i use a standard socket that's thin walled....i've never owned a "real" spark plug wrench for any that has a motor.....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Must be a AC plug in there, they are larger. Champion and NGK are 5/8. I beleave the ACs are 11/16

But the ACs do work in there, I ran one set, one time and didnt like them, that was back in 03

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am one of the Fools that use the 11/16" hex plugs. Have a Craftsman 11/16 that drops right in, no problem at at all. I also use a piece of gas hose to start and ensure they are screwing into the holes properly before tightening with a ratchet.

BTW the Autolite 4163 plugs have the newer smaller electrode tip design also. I know some fools think that a 20 year old plug design can't be improved, i am just not one of them.

These can be purchased at Advance for $3 for two. They are on a two pack card in the isle, at my Advance those fools actually put them in the Motorcycle parts area.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I am one of the Fools that use the 11/16" hex plugs. Have a Craftsman 11/16 that drops right in, no problem at at all. I also use a piece of gas hose to start and ensure they are screwing into the holes properly before tightening with a ratchet.

BTW the Autolite 4163 plugs have the newer smaller electrode tip design also. I know some fools think that a 20 year old plug design can't be improved, i am just not one of them.

These can be purchased at Advance for $3 for two. They are on a two pack card in the isle, at my Advance those fools actually put them in the Motorcycle parts area.
LMAO...Nice post...:D

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts

i'm old fool as well, and set in my ways pretty straight forward...just like folks told me the dyno jet kit wouldn't work in my kawi....i laugh every time they see me, because i'm running the dyno jet kit with no issues and loving it...and also have my a/f screw set at 1 7/8 turns out with no issue either...fan the gas and let it idle then ride....loving life with no regrets :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts