Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a speedo healer they no longer use, or are willing to trade for cash / PayPal? Just fishing the Cafe before I go pay markup at a retailer.....:coffee: (Or any tips on where to get them the cheapest would be appreciated!)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Nope, I have it on my bike and installed it on my brother's too. Love it and would not get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
I am curious what does one do with said device?
Jody
All Honda Speedos are off. ALL HONDA SPEEDOS ARE OFF. I have 3 Honda cars and htey are all off as well as 2 Hondas I no longer own. The cars were off 3 to 5+ percent while my VTX is of 9.4%. The Speedo Healer lets you correct speedo error so you know what speed you are running. I got tired of always thinking that at 75 I am only really going 67mph. Now, I know what speed I am actually traveling.

BTW, you should just buy a SH new because they are not much cheaper used. They don't wear out so it it is working it is good. The most you might save is about $10 or so and you don't even see them come up for sale.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All Honda Speedos are off. ALL HONDA SPEEDOS ARE OFF. I have 3 Honda cars and htey are all off as well as 2 Hondas I no longer own. The cars were off 3 to 5+ percent while my VTX is of 9.4%. The Speedo Healer lets you correct speedo error so you know what speed you are running. I got tired of always thinking that at 75 I am only really going 67mph. Now, I know what speed I am actually traveling.

BTW, you should just buy a SH new because they are not much cheaper used. They don't wear out so it it is working it is good. The most you might save is about $10 or so and you don't even see them come up for sale.
Thank you for explaining that. I may have to get one of these now. Might explain why the cagers are chewing the ass off my bike when going down the interstate thinking I too am doing 70+ and doing like 60-65.
Jody

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Thank you for explaining that. I may have to get one of these now. Might explain why the cagers are chewing the ass off my bike when going down the interstate thinking I too am doing 70+ and doing like 60-65.
Jody
For sure. Just figure you are between 7 and 9 percent off and correct from there. Even 10 percent will probably not get you a ticket but not, speed is a percentage so 40mph indicated may be only 36mph.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The way to accurately obtain the info to set the speedohealer is to use a GPS while riding and compare the speed on the GPS to the needle reading. My VTX 1300 consistently shows 60mph when the GPS shows 55mph.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My 2006, 1300R was reading 66 mph on the speedometer when the GPS was reading 60. Using their website, I was able to program the Speedohealer to the proper setting and now the bike is reading the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine's reading around 62 when I'm doin' 55. Everbody seems to like theirs, and don't want to part with one, I guess I'll go with Mscales advice and just go new. E-bay retailers have them for 115 w/ free shipping, that's about the best I've found. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts