Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
There Can Only Be One
2,746 Posts
Just wondering, do any of these posts have to do with a "vibrating" needle? My speedo needle seems to move back and forth more than it should ( I think). It's not a steady movement as it moves when riding like my car. The needle is still as it changes speed. It doesn't seem like a huge deal. Just wondering if this a problem that will get worse or if its caused by the issues described here. I had the vibrating speedo housing years ago. I knew it cause when I pressed down on it with my left hand while moving, it would stop. It was very loud and annoying at first....till I got loud pipes! :)
Has your speedo faceplate been changed from the stock one?

·
Registered
235 Posts
No. Just tried putting some silicone caulk around where speedo meets housing. I'll see if that helps. If not I'll live with it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help getting the vibration out of my tank mounted speedometer. I have put o-rings under screws, adjust mounting bracket at front of tank. I'm lost can't stand the vibration noise. Please HELP!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I had the same problem, I purchased a silicone seal from ebay that goes around the speedometer and installed rubber washers under the cowling as well noise gone!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts