Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 1800R that has the very hard to clean mags. Which I hate. Got a chance to get some spoke rims off of an 03 1800R. Will these works and were these optional from the dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Gene:beer:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
It's a straight swap, tespokes were on the S model but tat's the only difference in models. I believe the spoke rim is a litle narrower, like a half inch. That won't effect the tire off a mag wheel though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As far as I know, that would be about the only difference between the "R" and the "S". R stands for retro which was made in the "R", (for Retro), "S" (for spoked wheel), and "T' for Tourer. From personal expierience, the spoked wheel is harder to clean than the mag wheel of the retro and tourer!:choppersm

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Also the spokes have tubes, Mags are tubeless.

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Just give them mags a good squirt down of some mag cleaner
(the kind that says to use rubber gloves)

And rinse the heck out of them.

Works in my case.

Ride Safe:choppersm

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Granted I'm on a 1300 but can't stand spokes. Wanted the color bike I got but my only option was the "S" not the "R". I bought it and am now trying to purchase mag wheels. The spokes are a PITA to clean.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Some of us are trying to go from spokes to mags for the same reason. Spokes are really tough to clean, not to mention that whole tube thing. I'd stick with the mag wheels if cleaning is your only reason for switching. Spokes do give the bike a nice classic look, though.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Some of us are trying to go from spokes to mags for the same reason. Spokes are really tough to clean, not to mention that whole tube thing. I'd stick with the mag wheels if cleaning is your only reason for switching. Spokes do give the bike a nice classic look, though.
Some x owners, me included :D, think that the Retro style x's look more retro with spoke wheels. But i'm an old dude and i'm used to spoke wheels on all the bikes i've ever had. Still and all, i like how the spoke wheels look on the Retros and S model x's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the comments and the help. The reason I am wanting the spoke wheels. I am going to put on the white wall tires. Not to mention that my mags are in pretty bad shape. I would have to take them off to get a real good clean job on them or have them sent and maybe chromed, that would be nice. But, more money LOL You guys have a good night and a very Merry Christmas! Thanks Gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts