Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like we’re on our way to another meet and greet / tech session! We did the last one in East Arkansas and after many requests, this on will be held in North West Arkansas!
The owner (Joe) of Aces Wild motor sports in Rogers Ar. has offered the use of his shop and tools! He has a cool waiting room with a pool table to help pass the time. We could do a day ride up to Eureka Springs and have lunch. The date we have in mind is the weekend after Easter (April 14-15).
There’s a motel nearby with rates under $50 a night. We are trying to get a group rate for Café folks.
If you need parts and/or supplies give Joe a call to order them and have them on site for that weekend. Parts will need to be paid for at the time of the order (in case folks order and then don’t show and pay, and yes, you can bring your own parts as well) He will have oil, filters, fork oil, etc…
The contact info for Joe at Aces Wild is: 479-899-6722

As things progress, I’ll have more info up as I get it.

A big thank you to FISter for all the help in setting this thing up. And a thank you to all you (Toasted was a saint for the use of his home for every thing and Falcon was #1 for his help on bikes and leading the ride on Sun.) that helped make the West Memphis meet/tech last year as much fun as it was. There are some really good people here on the Cafe!

Please post if you think you can make it that weekend so we have some kind of head count.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need some feedback to see if it will be wothwhile to do this thing or not. If you're coming Arkansas members, let us know!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just a little more info...

I still haven't had a chance to get in touch with the motel about a group rate, but they've done it for us in the past. Working two jobs doesn't leave me with a lot of spare time.

Supplies for an oil change will be $15. That includes a HiFlo filter (made by K&N), and Castrol synthetic 10w-40.

If you need a new tire, we can get just about anything you want, and a better price than you'll find anywhere else. You will have to call ahead and have it pre-ordered.

There will be at least 3 jacks and a lift table, so we can work on multiple bikes at once. Brake/clutch fluid, final drive oil, and fork oil will also be on hand.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FISTer, tell Joe that I need the oll change and ask him about the cost for a Avon Cobra front tire for my 2007 1800T

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I'll try to make it. Will know more after March. I could use new tires also but I don't know if I can wait until April. Checking and adjusting the valves will be high on my list though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Here's the info on the motel.

Town and Country Inn
2102 South 8th Street, Rogers, AR

(479) 636-3820

Room rates will be $35 per night for either a 2 bed, 4 person room, or single bed, 2 person room. If you call to make a reservation, just tell them you're with the Ace's Wild tech session. Next door is Area 71 bar. It's a good place to hang out and shoot some pool. Also, Benton county is a dry county, so you'll need to byob or make a beer run after you get here if you want to have any adult beverages other than at the bar.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope that everyone is keeping this Meet and Tech Session on their calendar!

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Of course I'll be there! No distance is too great for me to ride to M&G Cafe members (in this case, 6.8 miles according to Mapquest). Can't think of anything I need to do, but I'll help others. :choppersm

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Things are looking up. I teach a class the week prior but should be free for the weekend. Also have a friend wanting to come along. Will the shop mount a CT?
No matter if it's a large turn out or not, I hope it goes through and doesn't get cancelled.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Dang, the next week end is our anniversary and we will be there. Might try to go there early, but not betting on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just saw this post and got a little excited because my fairing was delivered today and dropped it off to get painted. but was just informed from my better half that we are having my daughters birthday party that weekend. i will try and make the next one.

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
A car tire? You'll crash, burn and go to hell!!:eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Between the high speed wobble, catastrophic deflation, poor/dangerous cornering, and poor traction, I don't know what moron would ever consider putting a car tire in a bike. Only a complete asshat would ever do that.

Guess you guys can start calling me an asshat.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess we should change the name of this thing to "Asshats R' Us" meeting #1

Rebel
Yoko Envigor 205/70/16

·
Registered
282 Posts
Can someone PM me the address for the Tech Session? I will be on the last couple days of my 8 day trip and staying at Fairfield Bay AR for 2 days. I was thinking of stopping by on Sunday for a little bit, but may venture up there on Saturday for the Tech Session. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Gonna call the shop tomorrow and see if I can get parts on time. Cutting it close but maybe it will work out. Thinking a Mets on the front, and though I have been warned of the inevitable doom, thinking of trying a CT on the rear. That way I can join the asshats club, lmao

1 - 20 of 58 Posts