Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya Started the VTX 1800 R today wow it sounded good. I really wanted to ride but snow prevented me from doing that.. :choppersm I miss riding..

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
I start mine every week in the garage, doors open. Lately it just makes me pissed I can't ride. With the temp hovering at 14 south of Chicago, I'm jonsing for a dry 40 degree day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Funny you should start this thread....

I couldn't wait to get home from work today so I coud start my X. Haven't cranked it up in over two weeks. The sound was AMAZING! (and started right up) I really miss riding.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put my cover on my bike after winterizing it. I was hoping that would stop me from wanting to ride so much. I thought if I wouldn't see it I wouldn't miss it as much. It didn't help. I wanted to take the cover off and just sit on it and pretend I am going for a ride. I won't be riding for a while here in central Wisconsin. It was -26 degrees a couple of mornings ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya, I grew up in Milwaukee. But we aren't ridin' here either due to the cold and rain. Although, I saw a brave sole out there yesterday - hard core.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Starting the bike up in the off season doesn't do it any good at all...Strains the battery, and the little bit you're running it doesn't recharge it at all....Resist temptation and leave it hibernating until you're actually ready to ride it someplace....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you have trouble resisting temptation, like somebody i know, an hour of riding time should have the battery fully charged, right? I have no accessories that use extra amps. C'mon, make me feel good! :D

Bry :cheers:

ps, read about Jen's deer run in, thank God she's ok.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
I just go out to the shed, visit her, and talk with her a while. I know she's lonely for the road, but has to wait, even to hit the starter button.

(Yeah, Parked Motorcycle Syndrome or PMS, causes mental illness...or, it is a mental illness).

·
Subiccs
270 Posts
Could not resist the urge.

Temp made it to 36 today had to go for a ride! We dont get the weather here in Lancaster like some of you do. Dont think I could live somewhere where I cant ride all winter. Living in Southern Ga for 16 years kind of spoiled me though. Good luck making it through the winter guys.

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you're running one of those smart battery tenders that doesn't overcharge your battery, crank it up occasionally. Your battery won't be strained in the least and you'll get the oil circulating around the inside of the engine, trans.
Plus, you'll be in a better mood.

I've been jonesin myself-haven't ridden in about 3 weeks. Its goin up to 50 something this week though so I'll be riding to work for the next couple days- Woo Hoo!!!

:choppersm

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Ya Started the VTX 1800 R today wow it sounded good. I really wanted to ride but snow prevented me from doing that.. :choppersm I miss riding..
Brother I feel your pain!:banghead::patriot: and also, welcome to the big X forum.
I just gave ya a check mark on the scales bty. Your green bar just got a mark.

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drove mine home from the shop a couple days ago. Only a twenty mile ride but the temp was a warm 46 degrees. Felt good to be out for a ride. I will ride it all winter on days when it doesn't rain.

Keep the shiney side up.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Funny you should start this thread....

I couldn't wait to get home from work today so I coud start my X. Haven't cranked it up in over two weeks. The sound was AMAZING! (and started right up) I really miss riding.
I don't understand??? I rode 60 + miles on Christmas Eve LOL Got to have my fix when there is a sunny day; so what if it is 40 degrees. Get out there Terry!:choppersm

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Starting the bike up in the off season doesn't do it any good at all...Strains the battery, and the little bit you're running it doesn't recharge it at all....Resist temptation and leave it hibernating until you're actually ready to ride it someplace....
Who knew. I've been doing this for several years now. Just wasting gas I suppose. Thanks for the heads up Bass.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Still the best winterization is to ride!! :stirpot: Surely most of us gets some days we could over the winter. LOL Just :choppersmand :stirpot:

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Guess I just did a bad thing then...:( Started it for the first time since the end of October.

Sat on it. Did the Vroom! Vroom! thingy. Changed the tail light out for a super bright...DANG! Waxed a couple spots. Stared at it a bit. Cleaned a little bit of garage. Stared at it some more.

All while receiving text messages from someone here, who I just read said don't start your bike. :hmm2: That's funny. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts