Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new stereo for my bike and installed it sounds great everything works fine but while playing a CD and I give it throttle it will cut out any ideas?

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Can't play CD's on a motorcycle... too much vibration.

Most people opt for a MP3 Player or a Stereo that uses a SD Card (Flash Memory).

But any "Mechanical Device" (CD Player, or even an MP3 Player that has a Hard Drive in it) will not function properly.

Now, mind you Harley's can... but take into consideration all the Vibration Dampening Crap they have to do...

-Gonz

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
The whole stereo cuts out or just the CD player??..CD players and bikes really don't play well...Mine skips so bad (quality Sony head unit), that it's impossible to listen to a CD....I just run the ipod through the front auxillary input and rock on down the highway!!...:mosh: :choppersm

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Here is the one I use. It plays well due to the fact it loads the song and plays on a delay. But I only use occasionally due to the fact it's a pain in the a$$ to change out cd's. It runs off 2 AA batteries. I only use when I have a back seat cover. Then she can mess with them.. By the way If you drop a cd scootin down the road dont worry about stopping to pick it up it trashed. Dont ask how I know this... :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
What is the voltage rating? Usually is between 9 and 14.4V.
If you have multimeter, connect the black lead to ground /frame/ and the red to the power source for the CD. Than start the bike and start playing whit the throttle, check the reading, if the voltage is jumping over 14V can be the alternator witch over load the stereo. A small resistor may fix the problem, or can be the stereo.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have a cd player but never use it since they skip due to vibration. My system also has an SD card and as well usb thumb connector so that is how I add my music or I just use the radio.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks yeah I never thought of that been useing my ipod last couple days it has aux and usb in on front of stereo so been useing ipod works great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts