Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a stock air box. If you don't have the cover that is ok, if you do that is even better. Thanks

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If you don't get any responces look at other members bikes and see who has put on aftermarkets and ask them if they still have their stock box

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Curious why you need a stock box? Is yours out of comission or a project?

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
Curious why you need a stock box? Is yours out of comission or a project?
Wondering the same thing... hes got a BAK.. I know he does because I re-jetted and tuned his carb :)

-Gonz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been having trouble riding in the rain with the BAK. Even with the rain guard on I still have trouble with sucking in water. Tired of being stranded. Love the look of the BAK, but I ride to work a lot and some times with the great St. Louis weather that changes every 5 minutes, I get caught in a storm and have to sit on the side of the highway for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for it to dry out.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Been having trouble riding in the rain with the BAK. Even with the rain guard on I still have trouble with sucking in water. Tired of being stranded. Love the look of the BAK, but I ride to work a lot and some times with the great St. Louis weather that changes every 5 minutes, I get caught in a storm and have to sit on the side of the highway for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for it to dry out.
I'm not doubting you, but are you sure its water getting in the filter that's causing the issue? What are the symptoms as it dies out?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It spits and sputters. When I first start up and take off I can get to about 50 mph before it starts to cut out, then it will start cutting out at 40, then 30, until I finally have to pull off the road. Once I'm on the side of the road I have a rough idle for about 15 minutes then it slowly begins to smooth out. It only happens when it rains. It happened this last weekend. I went to leave work Saturday morning, it was raining out, got about a mile down the road and it started cutting out. Took the bike back to work and had to get a ride home. Left the bike at work 24 hrs to dry out, went out Sunday morining after I got off work, bike started up fine and drove fine the rest of the day like nothing ever happened. This is the third time its happened and every time after I let is sit for a while it runs fine. I hope its not the BAK because I like the look, but at the same time I need to be able to ride in the rain.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gopokes; got one on the way thanks.

Daytona; not need, but have to be able to ride in the rain.

Gonna try the stock box and hope that is the problem. If not then I guess I'll start searching for an electrical problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts