Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there in VTX land , have a set of Stock shocks sitting around ? Maybe taken off the bike barely used and put away and forgotten about. Don't have the cash to get a set of after market, so thought someone that did might have a set ?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Anyone out there in VTX land , have a set of Stock shocks sitting around ? Maybe taken off the bike barely used and put away and forgotten about. Don't have the cash to get a set of after market, so thought someone that did might have a set ?

Smitty, what's the issue with you needing shocks, did you have 1 break or leak like I did? Hope you have better luck finding stock ones than I am waiting for my Progressives! My stockers are long gone, and my 1 MB won't do you any good. Sorry. Did you check on the VTXOA forum?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Yes I do have a set mine is a R model they have 12000 miles on them i went with air ride

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smitty, what's the issue with you needing shocks, did you have 1 break or leak like I did? Hope you have better luck finding stock ones than I am waiting for my Progressives! My stockers are long gone, and my 1 MB won't do you any good. Sorry. Did you check on the VTXOA forum?
I'm not sure Fran. I have a rattle and not feeling quite right. Just thought might be able to find a set with low miles and be ready when get into checking it out. I have read about how long you've been waiting, that's one of the reasons I'm not going that direction, well and cost.

Do you know if they are the same for each model ? Like a R fit a C .

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not sure Fran. I have a rattle and not feeling quite right. Just thought might be able to find a set with low miles and be ready when get into checking it out. I have read about how long you've been waiting, that's one of the reasons I'm not going that direction, well and cost.

Aftermarket shocks it says fits R-C-S-T not sure how true that is here is my phone number 1 (803) 415-6717 I can send you pictures if you interested

·
Registered
17,240 Posts

They should all be interchangeable except for the 1800F with that bearing built into the top mount.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aftermarket shocks it says fits R-C-S-T not sure how true that is here is my phone number 1 (803) 415-6717 I can send you pictures if you interested
Thank you. I'll get ahold of you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fran ,for some reason I can't post on the 1300 for sale on OA. Is there anyway you can post that for me ? I have the same screen name over there. Smitty8076

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Fran ,for some reason I can't post on the 1300 for sale on OA. Is there anyway you can post that for me ? I have the same screen name over there. Smitty8076

I'll try, buddy.

·
Registered
17,240 Posts

OK, I posted, and asked to PM you here, or use me as a go-between on the OA. Good luck, brother!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Fran. I just figured all the guys that put after market on ,would have them sitting around collecting dust. And would be wanting to part with them for cheap ?

·
Registered
2007 1300C
652 Posts

I have a set.

PM sent

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Fran. Just bought a set.

Not sure why I can't post over there, I have before?

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
781 Posts
Thanks Fran. Just bought a set.

Not sure why I can't post over there, I have before?

If you didn't already, you may want to order the green polyethene honda bushings. Some people like the Master Carr nylon bushings. I went with the green honda bushings

I believe these are the Honda bushings. I brought this ad to my local dealer, they price matched and had the parts to me within 1 business day (pre-covid). You can order 4 of them and use them in each eyelet.
Honda 52489-HN0-671 - BUSH, RUBBER (UPPER) | Partzilla.com

Master-Carr Nylon bushing:
Light Duty Dry-Running Nylon Sleeve Bearing, for 5/8" Shaft Diameter and 7/8" Housing ID, 3/4" Long | McMaster-Carr

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
3 Posts

Look on EBay. Saw three sets out there for around $60

·
Registered
17,240 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you didn't already, you may want to order the green polyethene honda bushings. Some people like the Master Carr nylon bushings. I went with the green honda bushings

I believe these are the Honda bushings. I brought this ad to my local dealer, they price matched and had the parts to me within 1 business day (pre-covid). You can order 4 of them and use them in each eyelet.
Honda 52489-HN0-671 - BUSH, RUBBER (UPPER) | Partzilla.com

Master-Carr Nylon bushing:
Light Duty Dry-Running Nylon Sleeve Bearing, for 5/8" Shaft Diameter and 7/8" Housing ID, 3/4" Long | McMaster-Carr
Thanks ,will probably get a set to be safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts