Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. This is my very first post on the VTX Café. I have formerly been a part of the VT Café, but I just got rid of my VT1300CT, and I bought a 2006 VTX 1300R. Let me tell you it was well worth the buy! My only issue with the bike is the suspension. It has lowering coils/struts (whatever they are called), and it rides horrible. Any little bump will literally lift you out of the seat which is no easy task as I weigh around 285. It's like riding a hard tail. Doesn't feel like it has any forgiveness to it at all. My question is what is the stock suspension height if I were to buy new shocks? I found a set of shocks I want, but I don't know what the OEM height is. The shocks I want are 12" so I didn't know if that was factory length or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Too short for my weight
5,690 Posts
I think stock is 12". And welcome from the mountains of western NC!!

Reactions: Weebs21

·
Deplorable member
7,414 Posts
The stock shocks are also fully covered and can be found on fleabay. If the springs are visible, they are most likely aftermarket (progressive or maybe another). What is the length-eye to eye unloaded on yours? Maybe we can make a trade???? I'm needing something a bit lower on my bike but not as low as they are now. I have an extra set of stockers I can trade.

·
Registered
17,268 Posts
Stock height on the 1800 C shocks (which fit all others) is 12.25".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts