Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Stop Me if I'm Making A Mistake

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  markawitte 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase new saddlebags, and have been wearing my fingers raw looking at all the options for my 2006 VTX1800R. I'm fairly settled on using Edge/Ghost III Brackets with either Edge Model 104 or 112 bags.

First question: Does anyone have any recent experience with either of those bags they'd care to share? I've also got a question about just what the heck is going on with the Edge Leather website. If you look there, they have just the 104's not the 112's. When you select the 104's to purchase, you are flipped to a www.edgextremesports.com site that guides you to a place where it says that they have been discontinued.

Second question: What is the deal? Are these bags available or not? Is the company going down in flames or is everyone just gone for the winter???

#2 ·
Gotta love silence. Just kidding; I am going to take it a ringing endorsement. Thanks to all who took a look. In the meantime, I did see a picture of a VTX with the 112's on it. HOLYHANNAH - going to go the 104 route if I can ever figure out the source issue ... and maybe wait for a deal later this winter. Gotta love a sale (and silence!)

#4 ·
Just as a by the way, I ride an 1800c, so I only know what I like to look at regarding R/S models.
Many people looked, probably noted you had already made up your mind and let it go.

#5 ·
Yea - there's not much out there that looks good unless it's outrageous cost.

As for Cruisers - only 2 Scoot mfg know what they are doing - Harley & Yamaha.

I went through the torture as well as you did. I have couple sets stored for later.
Nothing mounted till it can be skin tight to the fender
That involves exhaust - 2 into 1-
Moving rear brake caliper out of the way-
Changing turn signals -

It's basically a full custom deal getting it to the way wanted.

#8 ·
Please take care when mounting the ghost brackets. They stick out pretty far and look funny...and....if you happen to run into Hawk VTX in your travels he will bitch about them in front of everyone......ask me how I know this......go ahead......ask....

#9 ·
At the last minute I opted for the Easy brackets, not the Edge/Ghost brackets... does Hawk VTX feel the same way about them? LOL! The reason for the brackets is to avoid the need to have the bags on the bike all the time when I want to use them mostly for weekend trips with my wife this summer. Easy on and off was the big draw.

#11 ·
Well, what do you think about your setup? I'm going through the same process and would like to see pics or hear some feedback, if you don't mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.