Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda VTX 1300C with 4 inch risers and stock bars. The risers bring the bars up and back, but not enough for me.

I was wondering if others feel they just don't get enough "push" through turns due to their arms being extended with the stock bars.

I know lots of folks like the cp punisher bars....been thinking of those with the 13" pullback. Do you arms get more flex with these? Would it be better to get the R bars (assuming that can be done) for more leverage? I really need to get this figured out and don't have lots of money to try different ones out.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. I know there are lots of threads on the C handlebar issue but just want to check on the latest findings. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
If you like the style of the stock C bars IMO the CP Punishers are "the only way to go..."
For me it was money well spent, I just wish I had put them on a lot sooner. I never really had a problem with leverage but, with the CP's your arms will be bent some vs stretched straight out so that would have to help you out with that.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CPH-1105

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought my bike with 6" risers and stock bars. Not good, they should have put new cables too. I'm soon going to replace with 1.5" risers and 16" apes. Those Punishers look cool tho.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i've put R bars on my C with 4in risers,lots of pull back but just didn't like the look on C.plus to me it felt like riding a girl's bicycle.i've had scootworks and kewl risers.kewl were better than scootworks.got CP punhishers now and best of all.there are some other bars that look like punhishers with 15in pullback(just can't think who makes right now)i'll try and find them and post a link.R bars were very comfortable. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...-Radius-T-Bars-2008-Honda-VTX1300C-Parts.aspx

·
Registered
877 Posts
0601-0492 is the part number, they are available from Parts Unlimited/Drag Specialties. Any shop that has a parts catalog should be able to get em for ya.

I'm actually trying to decide if I want to go with them or not, I'd like to see a picture of them next to stock C bars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I been runnin the stock c bars (04) as you can see from the pic. Love the look but must admit after a long days ride the reach causes tension in my upper back. Always wondered if risers would solve the problem. For me, I always liked the wide feel and the pressure I could apply going into twisties. But that may just be because I grew up on dirt and rode enduros..

Are the punishers as wide as the stock bars? Or, is this more a question of depth and not width?:hmm2:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
punisher are 33in wide.think same as stock.risers will get rid of the neck and back pain.when i got scootworks rises i could ride all day with no pain.kewl was even better

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
punisher are 33in wide.think same as stock.risers will get rid of the neck and back pain.when i got scootworks rises i could ride all day with no pain.kewl was even better
+1 The CP's are just as wide as the stockers, it's the pullback that makes a world of difference. It's not a huge difference than the stock bars but the bar ends are also at a little different angle to help with comfort. And as a bonus the bars being 1.5" looks a lot better than the 1" stock bars
(the ends are reduced to 1" so the stock controls still work, you'll have to reroute the cables but you won't need new ones unless you want'em.)

I tried going the cheaper way with the scootworks risers for about a year, they do help some but not near enough for me to be comfortable because I could still only go about 100 miles before I couldn't stand to ride anymore. Now with the CP's I can ride all day (also with a new seat,lol)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts