Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Anyone has managed to change the tanks on our beloved bikes, my model first one has the fuel pump inside, and also 3.75 gallons. newest model have bigger tanks. any ideas.. we can pass everything except a gas station ...

VTX 1800c 2002

3.75 gallons With 106 HP
739 pounds
My mechanic gave me 4 options 1)Don’t twist the wrist so hard 2)Reduce the fuel manually on the Power commander 3)Change bike model 4) Just take all the insults and laugh every time you ask your road buddies “hey I need to put gas again “

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Anyone has managed to change the tanks on our beloved bikes, my model first one has the fuel pump inside, and also 3.75 gallons. newest model have bigger tanks. any ideas.. we can pass everything except a gas station ...

VTX 1800c 2002

3.75 gallons With 106 HP
739 pounds
My mechanic gave me 4 options 1)Don’t twist the wrist so hard 2)Reduce the fuel manually on the Power commander 3)Change bike model 4) Just take all the insults and laugh every time you ask your road buddies “hey I need to put gas again “
2002-2003 had the same dimension tanks with the internal fuel pumps. The C is the smallest capacity. 4.49 gal. US totally empty. The low fuel light usually comes on between 3.5 and 3.8 gal., leaving you a cushion of about 20-25 mi. before totally empty. Riding mileage will depend on several things, incl. how much you twist your right wrist. The first 2 years mentioned also have most of these developing problems with the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) going bad from age, not from high use or abuse. Check your dipstick for a strong fuel smell in the oil or an over-full level on the stick. 4.0 qts ( 2 drain plugs + new filter). With this done, and the bike on the kickstand, mark the level on your stick with a file and you will then be able to have the right amount without having to have the bike upright to properly check it.

Reactions: Truckmanson78
1 - 2 of 2 Posts