Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do all my wrenching in God's garage, so my VTX is a little vulnerable when I'm sleeping. I have a Mustang seat on my VTX, and man, it comes off fast. Anyone ever come across a place to buy good tamper proof bolts, chrome or otherwise, that I could use to replace the ones that hold the driver seat on? The rider seat is a nut, so I don't know what I'd do there. Any ideas?

·
9,160 Posts
Try PROBOLT . . . . . . they may have something you can use. :choppersm

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i guess in a town called crookston you need to worry about somebody stealing your seat.:D(sorry).i did the seat pin mod so i could get at my battery easy incase something happen on the road.never really worried about somebody taking the seat.didn't want to carry extra tools.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You can try your local Ace hardware store; they have a good assortment of chrome and stainless steel bolts and washers. Now whether they have any tamper proof ones, I couldn't tell you but they could probably find some for you. :patriot:

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You could get some small plastic coated cable from a home improvement store and put loops in the cable then run it around the frame under the seat and threw the seat. I has to drill a small hole threw the seat mount under the seat and place a combination baggage padlock threw the loops on the end of the cables. That is how I did mine and you cant see it because it is under the seat. When seats cost $800 plus ??

Donut:patriot:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at our local Ace and Hardware Hank but they didn't have anything. Wow. Donut that sounds like a pretty trick mod. I better stick to something a little easier for now. Something that will deter someone just long enough that they won't want to be in my porch light that long. And yeah, this town is appropriately named, CROOKSton. Wouldn't be the first time I've had stuff disappear. I'll take a look at Fastenall n Probolt. If I can find a website. Thanks loads for the replies. Be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts