Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a tank bib that has a pocket on it, large enough for an ipod or a camera. Are any of you using something like this? Having trouble even finding tank bibs that have pockets. Don't really want a tank bag or handelbar bag.

Also, do you have to take the tank off to install these, or just the instrument panel and the seat?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm looking for a tank bib that has a pocket on it, large enough for an ipod or a camera. Are any of you using something like this? Having trouble even finding tank bibs that have pockets. Don't really want a tank bag or handelbar bag.
Check with RobT at: www.peacefulcruisin.com

Great guy and excellent product. ;)

Biddy

·
back in the saddle..again
782 Posts

Also, do you have to take the tank off to install these, or just the instrument panel and the seat?

Thanks!
I have a Hopnel Bib w/ a pocket on it...
Just do a search they are about $45-50 bucks on ebay..
It's large enough to hold the items you stated ...
It's easy to install.... all you need to remove is the instrument panel & the seat as you stated.

Peace,
D

·
2º Left of self-centered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
+1 on the Hopnel. I got the "Ostritch" bib with the pouch and I get many compliments on it

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
:cheers:
I actually saw those once and forgot about them. They are kind of pricey, but I do like the coverage of the tank near the seat,
Long story how I ended up with this one, but I will say it couldn't have been any Cheaper! :)

Biddy

·
Registered
125 Posts
+1 on the Peaceful Cruisin' Bib. I will not only say this is the nicest REAL LEATHER bib. But I have to give big rep points to the makers who have made two for my '06 1300c AND DIDN"T CHARGE ME FOR THE SECOND! These are beautifully handcrafted, thick, and fit like a glove. My first one saw 2 years of year round crusin..in all kinds of weather, and I sold it on EBay for 3/4 of what I paid! The best part is since they aren't made on an assembly line in china, you can get ANYTHING YOU WANT. Pockets, badges (we don't need no...never mind), studs, rocket launcher, passenger ejectors, lotion dispensers....the mind boggles.
Or it might just be the fumes from the laser...
or the beer.
Yep... its the beer.:beer:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just installed one of those Sunday also from Repulic cycle. Looks nice. and pocket is removeable so you can dump your stuff out. Because your not going to reach in all the way at the bottom. $54 plus free shipping.
4dtvman - What does the Hopnel bib look like with the pouch removed? Any pics?

+1 on Republic Cycle. I've ordered from them, and their shipping was ultra fast!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts