Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Also if you keep your bike clean. It wont be as bad either. I use the waterless car wash stuff from the flea marketto clean mine. I dont have as much of an issue with minor scrathces. I can rub them out, It's the paint fade I have an isssue with. I just dont leave my bike stored outside all day to keep the paint fade from getting too bad. If you do keep it outside alot store it under a cover. I just got a really nice bib from PH custom's. I will throw in some pictures. My tank bib covers the Crappy factory paint job, It is pretty bad but I will cover it until I can afford to get my bike painted. With a paint jobI want I wont need a tank bib or any other covers on my bike.. Thanks for listening..
PS. Having OCD helps me keeping the bike clean. it's my never ending project. Having the bike helps my OCD.. Ph custom's let's you choose many different options to make it reflect your taste.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have one but i got the bike painted and when we took it off it look bad under the bib now i got a new paint job i dont wana mess it up i lone the bib look on the bike

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
No matter what you do dirt will get under any bib and scratch the paint.
You can find some clear protective film to protect the paint.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
No matter what you do dirt will get under any bib and scratch the paint.
You can find some clear protective film to protect the paint.
Now there's an idea, kinda like a tearoff for a gps or a windshield. :hmm2:I will try to come up with something. :icon_eek:

My tank bib does look way better than the Crappy factory paint job on my tank. I think I'll be keeping my bib on.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just spent almost 2700 on the bike trying to make it look good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts