Votes: 2 6.9%

Votes: 14 48.3%

Votes: 11 37.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't got to read posts on here for a while. Had some health issues that some may consider serious but not myself. But one of the post I was reading brought about what I thought might be a cool topic just to see how we all not only have a difference in our taste but how we come together as VTX owners to share the passion. So here we go. I bought the 1800N because there in my opinion is nothing to be done to make a more beautiful version of this bike. So my taste leans more towards the architectural beauty. Therefor I am inclined towards the N as my favorite but the R,S and T would be okay. Not a fan at all of the C or the F merely because they seemed to have just given up and said well crap. We made all these beautiful models what parts do we have leftover. Tasteful and respectful comments welcome as to why you choose the model you like.

·
Super Moderator
11,481 Posts
Your poll only allows one option to be selected but there are two categories of items in your list. One is the engine size while the other is the submodel. Consider modifying your post to allow separate selection of these two items. I do not know anything about polls so cannot offer any advice on how to accomplish this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your poll only allows one option to be selected but there are two categories of items in your list. One is the engine size while the other is the submodel. Consider modifying your post to allow separate selection of these two items. I do not know anything about polls so cannot offer any advice on how to accomplish this.
Give it a try now.

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
898 Posts
I would think you would be better off changing the choices to:

1300C
1300S
1300R
1300T
1800C
1800S
1800R
1800T
1800N
1800F

The reason is, the N and F were only options on the 1800. Because I do like the N, but I like the 1300 engine better (single pin crank).

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
I for 1 wanted the shorter sporty fenders and wasn't concerned about a ginormous fuel tank. But the F was a newer model, way more expensive, digital components, out of my $ reach. Was not a fan of the N full look, but since I've had my C, have come to appreciate the N look. Thank GOD tastes are relative and we aren't all the same.

Reactions: New VTX owner

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think you would be better off changing the choices to:

1300C
1300S
1300R
1300T
1800C
1800S
1800R
1800T
1800N
1800F

The reason is, the N and F were only options on the 1800. Because I do like the N, but I like the 1300 engine better (single pin crank).
I understand what you are saying. But it's more about enjoying what we all own. It's just a consensus of what one most of us favor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like both the F and the N..

I like the short fender drag bike look of the F, but also like the full curved fender look of the N.

When I got mine the F was the only 1800 the dealership had, so that is what I got, the digital cluster was a selling point. Since I ended up doing a 240 conversion and I wanted to be original I cut and widened the OEM F fender instead of using a generic everyone was using it fiberglass fender.

I have since added a full curved front fender from meancycles, to give me the best of both, the lowered short fender drag look in the back and the long curved fender up front.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What? No love for the naked R?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine just fell in my lap one weekend. I was talking to my buddy about getting an engine for my Sabre and he asked me if I wanted to buy the 1800R. I said I don't have money laying around and can't afford another bike. He told me what he wanted for it and I said dammit, you sure aren't making this easy. Knowing the shape it is in sold me as I am the tech that has done everything to it since 2009. Later that day I told the wife and we decided to come up with a way to get it and wallah MINE! LOL

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
I loved the Retro's look from the first time I saw it. Even when other manufacturers try to copy it somewhat (as in the fenders, or tank), they don't hit as close as the VTX Retro
Plus the cast wheels that it has are what IMHO, look the best.
I mean, just look at it!
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
11,481 Posts
Looks good and let's all remember - Black Bikes Matter although they are not the fastest :)

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
If other colors are faster, why does no light 'escape' a black hole? Therefore BLACK is the fastest. Esp. w/ warp drive.

Reactions: RJ64

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
If other colors are faster, why does no light 'escape' a black hole? Therefore BLACK is the fastest. Esp. w/ warp drive.
My thoughts exactly Fran!
Black bikes go so fast, light cannot catch them to MAKE them a color!

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Faith Fears Not
105 Posts
I like my C-TRO a Retro with C wheels, technically it started as a S though. I bought it in 2006 and it has been through so changes along the way including two custom paint jobs.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Super Moderator
11,481 Posts
Looks great.

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
I really like how the motorcycle is such a canvas for personal expression. Cars used to be that way too, but that has faded somewhat. IMHO because the modern car is not as much a romantic vehicle anymore (I mean, has any one written a song like Little Deuce Coupe about a Prius?), while the motorcycle remains just as inspiring.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like how the motorcycle is such a canvas for personal expression. Cars used to be that way too, but that has faded somewhat. IMHO because the modern car is not as much a romantic vehicle anymore (I mean, has any one written a song like Little Deuce Coupe about a Prius?), while the motorcycle remains just as inspiring.
This is exactly what I intended when I started this thread. I didn't know anything about the VTX until I went looking for a motorcycle. We looked at a ton of Harley's, and Indians. My wife was to the point of killing me I think when she saw my VTX for sale on a website. She brought the picture to me and I said that's the one I have been looking for. Shortly there after I found this sight. And I have never in my life found such helpful and passionate people about a motorcycle. I knew I had made the right choice.

·
WTF, Over!
8,424 Posts
This is exactly what I intended when I started this thread. I didn't know anything about the VTX until I went looking for a motorcycle. We looked at a ton of Harley's, and Indians. My wife was to the point of killing me I think when she saw my VTX for sale on a website. She brought the picture to me and I said that's the one I have been looking for. Shortly there after I found this sight. And I have never in my life found such helpful and passionate people about a motorcycle. I knew I had made the right choice.
Yep. The Cafe is a great resource, plus a place where life-long friendships are forged. Every one here is a brother or sister.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts