Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Input on getting a July Tea Party “X” press going to Washington DC. Thousands of X’s roaring around the capital would be a beautiful sight.

:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Now that would be something to see/be a part of:choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::choppersm:patriot::cheers:

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Being as I live here, I could join in THAT fun! Plus I think there area few MD XIles who would love to join in the fun.

·
Registered
455 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being as I live here, I could join in THAT fun! Plus I think there area few MD XIles who would love to join in the fun.
Beastie Boy, since you live local, where would be a good muster point say 20 miles outside of DC to start the ride??

Plan is on 27 July we form up at 10am. Hope the lazy bums( our Congress people) will be working that day,

1: Ride from the assembly point ( TBD ) down Pennsylvania Ave over to Maryland Ave. passing in front of the Capital building. This is where those with load pipes will help reinforce to those inside, we are watching. From Maryland Ave to Independence toward the Washington Monument. Continue down Independence past the Korean War Memorial. From Independence to 23st Sw to Lincoln Memorial cir. To Henry Beacon Dr Nw past the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. From the Vietnam Vets memorial on toward Arlington National Cemetery and the tomb of the unknown. At that point return home.

2: This is intended to be a peaceful rally; any and all two and three wheelers will be welcome.

3: At the end of the day the only thing left is good memories.:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm

·
Registered
353 Posts
Count me in. I'll be there.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Beastie Boy, since you live local, where would be a good muster point say 20 miles outside of DC to start the ride??

Plan is on 27 July we form up at 10am. Hope the lazy bums( our Congress people) will be working that day,

1: Ride from the assembly point ( TBD ) down Pennsylvania Ave over to Maryland Ave. passing in front of the Capital building. This is where those with load pipes will help reinforce to those inside, we are watching. From Maryland Ave to Independence toward the Washington Monument. Continue down Independence past the Korean War Memorial. From Independence to 23st Sw to Lincoln Memorial cir. To Henry Beacon Dr Nw past the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. From the Vietnam Vets memorial on toward Arlington National Cemetery and the tomb of the unknown. At that point return home.

2: This is intended to be a peaceful rally; any and all two and three wheelers will be welcome.

3: At the end of the day the only thing left is good memories.:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm
Best bet is actually set up in Arlington off the TR Bridge, then come on over onto Constitution Avenue, then roll up Constitution past the Senate Office Buildings, then back down 2nd Street NE to a right on Independence avenue, up Independence to 15th street, go Right again, to the Ellipse, around behind the White House, back down 17th, Right on Constitution, stay on Constitution to the TR Bridge, then down the Parkway to Arlington Cemetery.

Just my suggestion. Also if you are going to do this as a big group during a work day, so Congress sees it, I doubt the DC Government will give us a parade permit, and we'll have to more or less either stick with all the traffic laws and just make a statement in smaller groups, or post our own road guards, and make it a statement about that, too.

As for an assembly point, the Iwo Jima Memorial Park is right where we'd need to be for a jump off onto the TR Bridge into DC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts