Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I got a to good of a deal to pass up from STUMP! Yes, the chrome lord.

So, two items I need help with before everything gets here.

1. What would a set of 1300R wheels fetch? (they will also have dunlops on them with about 6k miles on them) I will clean them up and post pics once they are off and up for sale.

2. Should I follow the instruction manuals to take the wheels off or does someone have a written up with pictures process like everything else around here?

Christmas has come early, man i am jacked

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
OK, so I got a to good of a deal to pass up from STUMP! Yes, the chrome lord.

So, two items I need help with before everything gets here.

1. What would a set of 1300R wheels fetch? (they will also have dunlops on them with about 6k miles on them) I will clean them up and post pics once they are off and up for sale.

2. Should I follow the instruction manuals to take the wheels off or does someone have a written up with pictures process like everything else around here?

Christmas has come early, man i am jacked
I don't know what the wheels would go for, but as far as removal just follow the bareasschoppers write-up.
http://bareasschoppers.com/
If you need help I would be glad to give you a hand.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
whatever it is you're gettin' from him, plan on buying some extra toothpaste. :hmm2: You're gonna be smilin wider than you ever have before :D

Congrats! Can't wait to see the 'after' pics :cheers:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Bear, I read somewhere that you can't ride for a while. Anything going on, you OK?
I sart back injections for that PITA I've had going on and maybe surgery to clean the cana the siatic nerve runs thru and I get a replacement knee on Jan 10th. I could be house bound for quite awhile. What is is, if it gets ridof the pain it's all good. I'mtired of 30 mile rides and pain all day afterwards. I have faith it'll all work out. I've beenhurting far too long to not go thru with whatever the docs decide. Medicine has certainly come light years ahead of when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sart back injections for that PITA I've had going on and maybe surgery to clean the cana the siatic nerve runs thru and I get a replacement knee on Jan 10th. I could be house bound for quite awhile. What is is, if it gets ridof the pain it's all good. I'mtired of 30 mile rides and pain all day afterwards. I have faith it'll all work out. I've beenhurting far too long to not go thru with whatever the docs decide. Medicine has certainly come light years ahead of when I was a kid.
Good, take care of yourself

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
iLL say some prayers for you, Bear. Can't hurt, could help. Friend of mine had similar problem, but the surgery worked fine and he is back to riding. Best wishes, Bry

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
I still need to do some work, perhaps we can do a tech day at Bears (Taz ;) you offered to help with my valve check, still having valve clearance-itis).

Sorry to hear you've got some uncomfortable stuff comin up Jerry, but I am hoping for you it helps afterward.

Mort

·
FDC !! The Real Truth...
855 Posts
Been there and done all of that when it comes to the back and knees... 6 majors on the knees and more surgeries on the back than even I want to remember or think about.... From injections to Rhizotomies.. I have had it all.. Good luck.. hang in there.. ride when you can.. rest when you have to... I'm also being Stumped if you will... So getting ready to put up 2 sets of 1300C wheels and tires too and one all Darkside and ready to roll.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts