Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would not think that there would be some people who refuse to text, my brother being one of them. I know quite a few guys, no woman, who will not and some say it is a wimpy thing to do. No big deal and more power to them but still.:confused: I texted one of my friends once and got a text back saying, "Joe, I don't know how to text". :D I laughed my butt off! He got my text and showed it to his wife, she then, come to find out later, text me back for him.

Are there any anti-texters here? If so, why? I don't mean while driving and I don't mean non-stop texting like some kids. I text about a dozen times a day, mostly to my wife while we are at work.

:choppersm

Joe

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Yeah, I text. Mostly my sales people. It's easier than having 25-30 conversations a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i hate texting, i like hearing my friends. My kids text sometimes when I'm in a cage with them and the texting never seems to stop. Give a phone call, say what you want or need to say, hang up. Good post, JRM, might be a good poll except its not VTX related.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
My wife doesn't text. I try and explain that it can be more convenient than calling sometimes, but she doesn't get it.
So I get to see all the pics of the new grandaughter first :D....She has to wait for me to show them to her :bleh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i text often now. have a large poker group about 100+ folk. phone calls never got done. then started texting and could send out 10 texts at a time. so that took a lot of time. now with droid, i put in one text and ship it out to everybody.

it's a great convenience...you get your message out and don't get bogged down with questions or conversation.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I text. However, there is a time and place for it. I will not have huge detailed conversations with someone. Nor will I accept it as sufficient means to call off of work. :nope: My employees try that, but it doesn't work. That requires that you speak to me. ;)
I hear ya, my employees had to talk to me also, no wife, son, girlfriend, mother, i was a little bit hard azz about that.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
I text. However, there is a time and place for it. I will not have huge detailed conversations with someone. Nor will I accept it as sufficient means to call off of work. :nope: My employees try that, but it doesn't work. That requires that you speak to me. ;)
I'm with you on that. If I get a text, they get a call. Nice new avatar Ray, why the long face. hahahahaha

·
Deactivated Account
218 Posts
Talking is much easier and faster, most of the time. A 30-second conversation will take the place of several texts. About the only time I text is to get in touch with my daughter at school, or to get a message to several at the same time......"Who's going to bike night?" is quicker that 8 phone calls.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah .. out kids are going to evolve into creatures with to nubs at the end of their arms ... and this is no joke. Ask them to write a paper... you'll see text like spelling in the paper and they dont even realize they are doing it.
(13 year old daughter here !)

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Most of our friends/family either just don't like it or they don't know how and won't admit it,lol

Myself, I can take it or leave it, but prefer to use my phone as a phone.
My wife, she likes to text because if she doesn't have time or feel like having a long conversation (like most woman have,lol) she says "a text can be short & sweet, say what you need to say and move on"
My Daughter on the other hand is a textoholic... even after you answer what ever she said the first time they just keep coming & coming &...

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's simple a phone is to talk on!!!!
:D That's what my ol-man would have said if he were still alive. But then, he'd never use or own a cell phone let alone TEXT!! I also know for sure he'd never use a debit card. He died before these two can't live without tools.

:choppersm

·
FREEBIRD
7,598 Posts
Yeah .. out kids are going to evolve into creatures with to nubs at the end of their arms ... and this is no joke. Ask them to write a paper... you'll see text like spelling in the paper and they dont even realize they are doing it.
(13 year old daughter here !)
Buddy, you hit the nail on the head there! 18 yr old in college, now realizes she can't cut corners if she wants marks.
Boy, 11, can't spell text with an 'e' if you get what I mean.
The wife and I both text like crazy, but words are spelled out. (for me at least) Laugh out loud, etc. Not in my vocab.......voc....vcb. Ha!!!! LMFAO!!!
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts