Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw out a friendly reminder to all my cafe family that it's that time of year again where apparently people who can't afford to make purchases with their own money try and use yours! See it more this time of year than any and someone in Florida today (hopefully not Wanderingbear trying to purchase some Chrstmas chrome!!! Lol just kiddin with ya :D) tried to use my debit card number for a purchase over $300!!!!:icon_eek: Luckily the bank declined it and immediately notified the head banker of our household (Mrs. OFS :D) and we were saved from losing that money for the holidays!

So everyone make sure you keep a close eye on your credit card accounts and bank accounts this holiday season so you don't get taken to the cleaners and have to wait for your money to be returned!

·
Old Rider, newer VTX
185 Posts
Fortunately the card protection features do work.
We had a call Saturday about "suspicious" activity on our primary Visa.
Actually, it was legit. I'd bought two new pairs of glasses and my spouse was helping one our son's purchase an engagement ring! :D

I don't mind these check up calls at all.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Had this happen before with Mrs credit card, someone put $800.00 in gas on her card. Amex called because that was a lot of gas. Took the charge off immedietly. Must have been a fleet of trucks. Be careful out there, lots of folks that want you to work so they don't have to.

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Wishing you a nice day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts