Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and if they call it a Ham Sandwich, then by God it is a Ham Sandwich!

Check out an editorial from the Washington Times that highlights the total ignorance of the Left''s pundits.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/14/what-theres-a-constitution/

Such supposed heavy-weights as E.J. Dionne of the Washington Post claim that the enforcing of actual Constitutional standards by the Courts is judicial activism, claiming it "amended" the Health Care Law. This makes me wonder at the education, and the intent, of the authors who are cited in this Op-Ed column by Matio. Judges purpose is not to rubber stamp the Legislative Branch's output, but give the public a venue to have the legislation that is passed reviewed and critiqued as to whether it conforms to the limits placed on government by our Constitution. By his statement, Dionne wants the Democrats completely unfettered by Constitutional restrains. Others cited by Matio in his Op-Ed are equally as ignorant.

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
The Left does not recognize the Constitution as the foundation for our Government and legal system. Every Democrat politician that I've seen confronted by the Constitution replies something to the effect that 'Government' can do whatever it wants. To the Left, the Constitution is an historical document.

My response is, if 'The Left' does not have to obey the law of the land, neither do we. Let's get it on!!!

Geezer

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reloading?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You will both be happy to hear that I agree that making someone buy insurance is indeed unconstitutional.But I will also say this:I don't think it really matters what any of us think anymore since the Supreme Court allowed unlimited money to be injected to campaigns.Between that and the lobbyists ability to already get in every politicians pocket we are doomed.And it won't be long.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
the constitution is what it is, not what liberals or conservatives think it is. it's there to govern and to limit the power of those who wish to be more powerful than the constitution (or at least think they are bigger). i agree, it is unconstitutional to mandate insurance, but i also think social security is unconstitutional along with medicaid and medicare, insurance is a priviledge not a right...
however, i agree with the supreme court on the funding of campaigns, i think if you can raise it you should be able to spend it, regardless of party side you're on, that's just simply part of free enterprise (it's my money and if i choose to donate 10 million to a republican or constitutional party campaign, that's my right to do so). on the other side, who can contribute should be considered, because business should never have influence over who is elected. yes, i think the media is a business, therefore i think they should not be allowed to give any air time to any candidate, and if they do, they should have to give equal air time to all candidates or no air time at all

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Left does not recognize the Constitution as the foundation for our Government and legal system. Every Democrat politician that I've seen confronted by the Constitution replies something to the effect that 'Government' can do whatever it wants. To the Left, the Constitution is an historical document.

My response is, if 'The Left' does not have to obey the law of the land, neither do we. Let's get it on!!!

Just like the guy in the School Board meeting. If ya disagree, kill some people. Geeeezzzzzz:banghead:

·
1,437 Posts

Just like the guy in the School Board meeting. If ya disagree, kill some people. Geeeezzzzzz:banghead:
Villager

There are many things short of going postal that will get our message across. Have your read Atlas Shrugged (1957) by Ayn Rand. It's selling better every day.

You forgot to note that the emphasized red print was yours. You might want to seek professional help. You appear to be having some violent antisocial thoughts.

Geezer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Villager

There are many things short of going postal that will get our message across. Have your read Atlas Shrugged (1957) by Ayn Rand. It's selling better every day.

You forgot to note that the emphasized red print was yours. You might want to seek professional help. You appear to be having some violent antisocial thoughts.

Geezer
I did not forget to note anything. The red emphazied print was from your original post. Also remember, that just because you think something is wrong, don't make it so. The United States is very diverse so discuss your issues before you go terorist. Also try to understand that the constitution was written a long time ago; hence, all of it does not have relevence today. Modifications or ammendments are very neccessary for the health and future success of this country.

·
1,437 Posts
I did not forget to note anything. The red emphazied print was from your original post.
You're lying. My text was not in red.

discuss your issues before you go terorist.
You are the one with the red text and terrorist talk, not me.

Also try to understand that the constitution was written a long time ago; hence, all of it does not have relevence today.
And, you libs will of course decide what's relevant and what's not. That's what Palosi has been doing, writing legislation behind closed doors. It's not going to work!!! Got it!

Modifications or ammendments are very neccessary for the health and future success of this country.
The Constitution was written to be amended as needed and that has been our history until now. If you liberals want to change the law that governs us all, introduce and pass amendments. That's not what the 111th Congress has been doing. The 111th Congress has ignored the Constitution as the pleased. That's not going to work!!! Got it!

Geezer

·
Registered
91 Posts
:banghead:

And, you libs will of course decide what's relevant and what's not. That's what Palosi has been doing, writing legislation behind closed doors. It's not going to work!!! Got it!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

If ya don't get it , ya don't get it.
Me liberal, thats a laugh. I am so conservative I make 98 percent of Republicans look liberal. What I am not is a red neck that believes every one of my thoughts is perfect. I am conservative but admit, that I may be a little too conservative on some issues, I just will not change and lean left. But I will not talk as if GOD wrote the constitution. It was written by men a long time ago when everything was different and it may need some changes. You are obviously to lacking in grey matter to follow my intent or meaning, so this is my last post trying to educate you. GOODBYE and have a happy holliday season.

:cheers:

·
1,437 Posts
:banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

If ya don't get it , ya don't get it.
Me liberal, thats a laugh. I am so conservative I make 98 percent of Republicans look liberal. What I am not is a red neck that believes every one of my thoughts is perfect. I am conservative but admit, that I may be a little too conservative on some issues, I just will not change and lean left. But I will not talk as if GOD wrote the constitution. It was written by men a long time ago when everything was different and it may need some changes. You are obviously to lacking in grey matter to follow my intent or meaning, so this is my last post trying to educate you. GOODBYE and have a happy holliday season.

:cheers:
Oh, please don't go away. This is just getting enjoyable.

As for documents written a long time ago, time itself does not change it's reliance to today. While technology has changed, human behavior has changed very little over the last several thousand years. The Republic, written by Plato almost 2,400 years ago, covers the concepts of government and human behavior very well and is still very valid today. The writes of our Constitution were well educated. They knew what they were doing and their work is still very valid. We Conservatives recgonize and respect their work.

You need to reconsider you political label. I've seen nothing in this exchange that would indicate that you a Conservative.

You throw words around rather loosely. Words like 'red neck'. Where'd that come from. You've even brought 'GOD' into the Conversation. Wow! Have a 'happy holliday season'???? Along with my fellow Conservatives, I'm celebrating 'Christmas'. I hope that doesn't offend you politically correct Liberals too much.

When you introduce the word 'terrorist', were you thinking of ultra liberal Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, type terrorist?? Or, were you thinking of Janet Rino, a state type terrorist?? You know, Janet Rino, the Attorney General that ordered the FBI to attack the Weavers, a law abiding family that lived on Ruby Ridge in Idaho. The FBI shot and killed Randy Weaver's wife Vicky while she was standing in the front door of her home holding her infant child. Is that the kind of 'terrorist' you were thinking of??

Like I said above, please don't go away! I'm just starting to enjoy this exchange.

Geezer

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the constitution is what it is, not what liberals or conservatives think it is. it's there to govern and to limit the power of those who wish to be more powerful than the constitution (or at least think they are bigger). i agree, it is unconstitutional to mandate insurance, but i also think social security is unconstitutional along with medicaid and medicare, insurance is a priviledge not a right...
however, i agree with the supreme court on the funding of campaigns, i think if you can raise it you should be able to spend it, regardless of party side you're on, that's just simply part of free enterprise (it's my money and if i choose to donate 10 million to a republican or constitutional party campaign, that's my right to do so). on the other side, who can contribute should be considered, because business should never have influence over who is elected. yes, i think the media is a business, therefore i think they should not be allowed to give any air time to any candidate, and if they do, they should have to give equal air time to all candidates or no air time at all

Agree entirely. And the point of the USSC is that in saying a person or company cannot put out a message, then the Legislature is limiting the speech of those companies, their owners, and employees. That is what the ruling was about. There was a legal forum that put out an Anti-Hillary advertisement less than 60days before an election, and they were prosecuted under McCain-Feingold for it. Effectively limiting the ability of the group to get their message of resistance to Hillary out. The DNC and their fellow travelers in the media defined it for the public as allow corporations to buy candidates, and some actually bought into that definition.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
Agree entirely. And the point of the USSC is that in saying a person or company cannot put out a message, then the Legislature is limiting the speech of those companies, their owners, and employees. That is what the ruling was about. There was a legal forum that put out an Anti-Hillary advertisement less than 60days before an election, and they were prosecuted under McCain-Feingold for it. Effectively limiting the ability of the group to get their message of resistance to Hillary out. The DNC and their fellow travelers in the media defined it for the public as allow corporations to buy candidates, and some actually bought into that definition.
understood my friend....i'll continue to watch (but do my part, as in voting and legally abide as close to the concept of our new and coming laws) as the country falls further from its roots to the point history will repeat itself and this great land will once again rise with backbone and true men and women who define heroic and honest character and can lead us back to prosperity and truly will look out for the citizens of this land and not those who are here illegally and those who wish to change what made this country what it was and can still be....
...as far as amending the constitution goes, from time to time it should happen and it does. my issue with the flip side of that, is the fact that when the constitution has been amended it has been for the benefit of the all the residents of the USA...the problem i have with this particular government (and some of the same issues with the previous government members) is that they do not want to amend or change anything that will benefit all people, just a particular group, their group and that is simply wrong.......
...power is a good thing when it is used for the better of all, but it is the most dangerous weapon in the world when used for greed or the self fulfilment of one's ego, personal gain, and advancement of a personal agenda....
..............:cheers:

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
I don't know bout' y'all, but each and every year I see more and more how little it matters what the "majority" thinks in our great nation, whether it be a Republican or Democrat majority. Republican, Democrat or whatever, what our voted officials do has little influence by what greater America thinks.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
I don't know bout' y'all, but each and every year I see more and more how little it matters what the "majority" thinks in our great nation, whether it be a Republican or Democrat majority. Republican, Democrat or whatever, what our voted officials do has little influence by what greater America thinks.
the best and most accurate statement in this thread my friend....:cheers:

·
1,437 Posts
the best and most accurate statement in this thread my friend....:cheers:
Nixon referred to 'greater America' as the 'Great Silent Majority.' The libs had a bumper sticker reply for him, 'The Great Silent Majority is Neither'. Lots of cars in D.C. during the 1970s & 80s displayed that bumper sticker.

Geezer

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Nixon referred to 'greater America' as the 'Great Silent Majority.' The libs had a bumper sticker reply for him, 'The Great Silent Majority is Neither'. Lots of cars in D.C. during the 1970s & 80s displayed that bumper sticker.

Geezer
The thing is, I feel that greater America is not actually "Silent". It seems as though so many are voicing their thoughts and opinions and nothing is ever heard. No matter the party lines. 99% of america want the best for everyone, so why is it so hard for the right thing to be done?

Bogles my mind....

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any more, with the TEA Party, we are seeing a great awakening, and it scares the heck out of the entrenched political class, as they stand to lose power. They hate when that happens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts