Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in Knightrook's thread about the WV ride next month, but decided to post it again (copy and paste partial...lol..), in case some folks in my area miss it..

Jen and I are headed out early Friday morning (probably about daybreak) and gonna make the trip in one day...Taking US 30 into FT Wayne Indiana, then US 33 from Ft Wayne to Columbus....While we don't intend to run 80-90 mph, we're gonna push the speed limit as much as we feel safe with, with a break every now and then to stretch the legs...Anybody that wants to tag along is welcome, but if you can't keep up, you might want to consider a different plan...I personally don't intend to putz around going to WV...Plenty of time for sight-seeing after we get there....

Anyways, that's the plan we have in place...Anybody that wants to hookup and tag along is welcome, just be prepared for a long-haul day...:cool:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
After Columbus, which way are you heading? I won't be able to tag along but I got some important roadwork news here in southern Ohio. Let me know your route. Hamph

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
Can I come?? Mayb get there Thursday evening so id be there already when you leave

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure...But I don't have room here for overnight guests...Jenny's mom will be in the spare room, she's gonna hangout here for the week and pet-sit for us...:)

And I'm not sharing my bed with any other dudes....:nono: :icon_haha

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
got a couch??

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Change of plans....

It's been decided today that we're leaving out right after work on Thursday, and gonna bust ass to Columbus Ohio, where we'll get a room for the night someplace...Hate to disrupt anyone else's plans of hooking up Friday morning, but it is what it is...Trying to do that entire ride in a single day is more than we really want to tackle...Still haven't decided what route to take, seriously considering toll road I-80 to I-75 south to US 33...But not set in stone yet...Probably will depend on the weather come time to roll out....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can you post the road work areas you talking about? My daughter lives in South Point. I usually go 33 east-270 east/south-23 south to 52 east.

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's been decided today that we're leaving out right after work on Thursday, and gonna bust ass to Columbus Ohio, where we'll get a room for the night someplace...Hate to disrupt anyone else's plans of hooking up Friday morning, but it is what it is...Trying to do that entire ride in a single day is more than we really want to tackle...Still haven't decided what route to take, seriously considering toll road I-80 to I-75 south to US 33...But not set in stone yet...Probably will depend on the weather come time to roll out....
Bill, if you get a hotel at the 270 / 23 split in Columbus we could hook up there Thursday night and ride out on Friday...plan B?

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill, if you get a hotel at the 270 / 23 split in Columbus we could hook up there Thursday night and ride out on Friday...plan B?
That works for me...Not sure where I'm staying yet though...Other cafe members in Columbus are headed out Friday also, I know Spyker lives near there someplace...Hooking up with some other cafe members Thursday evening, just not sure where yet...lol...

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
well i figured its about 600 miles one way to davy Wv yay....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts