Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today was the 2nd birthday for one of the grandkids. wife is at work and wants me to come and pick her up from work. not wanting to leave my parents here at home with no transportation (just in case), i hop on the bike to take a chilly 12 mile ride to town. no big deal. 32 degrees but not bad...just cold hands...until the ride home at 8:30pm. 27 degrees, wet roads, and snowing!!! thin mechanics insulated gloves, jeans, leather coat and fleece jacket, and half face helmet!!! holy s**t that was a cold ride home!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ugh, KR, just the kind of ride that i try not to take. Those 12 miles had to feel a lot longer. For me there's a fear factor of cagers hydroplaing, spinning, swerving out of their lane, not being able to stop, makes me really uptight and thats no way to ride. Glad u made it ok tho.
Bry :choppersm

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what did the wife think of the ride home?????
she didnt mind the ride at all...she was nice and warm behind me in her car :nope:.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
hey bryan, it didnt "feel" alot longer...it took me 15 minutes longer. you would have to see the roads here to understand...12 miles on a nice warm sunny day takes 30 minutes. last night, that same cold ride took 45 minutes...but would i do it again for the grandkids? absolutely! :D

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then...why did you have to go pick her up if she had the car? :hmm2:
she was at work...if she came to pick me up before going to her daughters house, it would have taken her over an hour out of her way and we would have been late getting to the party. i went to her work so we could leave from there and go straight to the birthday party...

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
she was at work...if she came to pick me up before going to her daughters house, it would have taken her over an hour out of her way and we would have been late getting to the party. i went to her work so we could leave from there and go straight to the birthday party...

Oh! Well...that makes a bit more sense. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts