1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's something I'll never forget about my trip to D.C., even as a child I could sense something very special. It's not just the wall, it's every memorial there really, the magnitude of the sacrifice so many Americans have made is incredible. Not just the soldiers who serve and lay down their lives or faithfully risk it everyday, the sailors and coast guardsman who give up months with family, watch their kids grow up in pictures to serve the good of another, but even the families and friends of those willing all pay a heavy price. Enjoy what has been bought America, and preserve it.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Well I see you found it. Did you say hi again to the boys for me. It was too dark for any good shots of the wall when we finally got there. I'm glad Dan posted some. It was Katens first time at the wall and she was as quiet as she's ever been. It has that effect on many. I was saddened to notice that pople had scratched their names and stuff into the surfaces of the wall. I was wondering what they'd feel if someone spray painted the tombstones of their loved ones. Leave flowes, messages or signs but leave to the wall alone. It's not a chalkboard and will never be the same when it's marked up. Just MHO!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well I see you found it. Did you say hi again to the boys for me. It was too dark for any good shots of the wall when we finally got there. I'm glad Dan posted some. It was Katens first time at the wall and she was as quiet as she's ever been. It has that effect on many. I was saddened to notice that pople had scratched their names and stuff into the surfaces of the wall. I was wondering what they'd feel if someone spray painted the tombstones of their loved ones. Leave flowes, messages or signs but leave to the wall alone. It's not a chalkboard and will never be the same when it's marked up. Just MHO!!!!
I'd like to see those kind of people put in a situation where they had no availability to freedom for a while then see if they can appreciate things a little better.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I would like to see it one day....my wife's dad is one of the names on there....

Jerry, you, for one, have earned the right to have whatever opinion you wish to express...besides, I could not agree with you more....

·
Wanderer in training
5,307 Posts
I have had the pleasure of seeing the wall in DC the weekend that the WWII Memorial was dedicated. It was indeed a humbling experience, to make it even more special I stopped randomly at a section of the wall to take a picture. After taking the picture I went to the section and touch some of the names, much to my suprise I found the names of two of my friends that died in "Nam".

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My personal faveorite is the 3rd picture down.

Tried like crazy to get an angle to get the whole reflection
in the wall.

But there was nothing to stand on to get up in the air a little.

Ride Safe Cafe:choppersm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts