Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

The "Whatever" thread....

654K views 17K replies 115 participants last post by  Wigit 
#1 · (Edited)
Post whatever's on your mind, photos you want to show off... you know, whatever... keep it clean wigit:stirpot:

#2 · (Edited)
View from the job site today

Reactions: RBull and Depotdad
#3 ·
Is anyone else having issues with photobucket?

#4 · (Edited)
Trying another photo upload option:

Well that didn't work....

#5 ·
Your photo shows just fine in post #2. Beautiful office!
BTW, you might want to edit your first post to add a purpose for this 'whatever' thread, otherwise I'll have to assume this is where I should post my nudie pics from my last birthday.:glee:

#6 ·
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze Gawd NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:harder:

#10 ·
Played hookie from work today to take my girls on a field trip. Went to a mine in the Silver Valley of Idaho where they learned about the mining history around here. Panned for gold, had some good food, they had a blast. Gotta cherish days like this...

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

#12 ·
Deeper... always go deeper...

#20 ·
EVERYONE in Matthew's track- please stay safe. Don't wait- EVACUATE!

#22 ·
I got an hour in on the bike today... rode along the Tuckaseegee river from cullowhee to Dillsboro and watched the fisherman... perfect weather for riding today!

Reactions: sumdatx
#23 ·
Back when I bought my C, it had a Cobra Fattie engine guard on it that I immediately removed. Later I put floor boards on and got to thinking it would be nice to have highway pegs, so I put the Fatty back on and bought some clamp-on pegs for it. I liked the optional foot position, but the Fatty bar grounded out in turns really easily. After looking it over, I decided I could move it up by changing which bolt on the frame I used. I would just have to rework how it attached at the top where it bolts up to the horn mount.
So yesterday I got it all modified and reattached but about 5 minutes before I finished it started to rain. And it has been raining ever since. Now with Matthew heading up to see me, it will be a while before I can try it out. I hate Matthew!
Whatever...

#24 ·
May as well post this on the 'whatever' thread.

I survived a murder attempt on me two weeks ago just south of Seattle.
Paying attention, which is needed to stay alive, I saw a pickup truck in the grass between the three lanes going east and the three lanes going west.
It just didn't look right when he started moving so I slammed my brakes and moved away.

Instead of slowly merging onto the left shoulder and pick up speed before going to the HOV lane where I was, and then the next two lanes over one at the time, he headed straight towards the right most lane. Yes, in an almost ninety degrees angle from the direction of the highway.

IDIOT!

If I would not have been paying attention my vacation would have been cut very short.
Instead I had a wonderful 4000 mile ride through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, and back to Colorado.
This country is sooooo darned beautiful.

Keep it safe out there.

Any of you guys ever do California Route 36 between Fortuna and Red Bluff?
That was AWESOME!

:choppersm

#26 ·
I hate winter
I hate it so much I hereby officially resign from this coming winter and all further winters to come.
Please join me in my boycott
.................by moving south?:bleh:

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
#28 ·
After I got out of the Army in '95, I decided to stay here in NC instead of going back 'home'. Ohio winters can be bad enough, but no way could I survive a Canada winter! I survived 3 years in Fairbanks, Alaska so yea, I know about cold but that was when I was quite young. I'm too old for all that now lol. I will ride in 100 degree weather when other folks think it's too hot. I'm crazy I suppose

#30 ·
I grew up in Jupiter, FL just north of Palm Beach.. last night I talked to some of my friends who still live there and in true Florida cracker style they're riding out the storm... for everyone in the path, please stay safe and be smart! Good luck to all!!

Reactions: nate6966
#31 ·
Maybe this will be a good time to see how good my wet weather gear really is. And my Go Pro case. But then again that might be really dumb....never mind :icon_baby

#32 ·
Not worth it....

#33 ·
So looking at getting back to the Bike, saw an 1800 on a local classifieds and thought, WTH start new with something new to me. Wanted to get some input on price thoughts. It is an 08 with 26700 miles. from what I can see in the pic it has V&H pipes, ultimate X seat, highway bars, lights, and pegs. bags, windshield, and luggage rack. just to name a few things. Ideas on reasonable price I should be offering? Thanks for the input in advance.

#127 ·
This time of the year is a buyers market. Offer $4K, and maybe go up a little from there.

#34 ·
I've seen several 1800's on CL here, they seem to be pricing them around 4500-5500, and I noticed they are not selling... may or may not be of any help.

#36 ·
Why no why not a 1300? Prices are a lot better...

#37 ·
If you wait a little further into ( for you northern guys) the ''off season'', especially around Christmas, prices will really drop then start upward again as spring approaches. I have an 1800R for sale that I'm hanging onto until spring when the prices are up. The best deals for buying a bike will be from Nov.-Feb. IMHO.

Reactions: PaXman11
#40 ·
I might be interested in your 1800 around December/January.... :stirpot:

#38 ·
The bike is the bike, all that after market stuff doesn't increase the price UNLESS it all appeals to you. There's some really nice 1800's on the FB page for a thousand less than that with all of the listed add-on's.

Reactions: PaXman11
#39 ·
That is my 1300 in my profile pic. I was just looking and liked the way it looked. I wasn't able to go see it tonight. Told the guy I thought he was way too high and he said he is not firm at the price. I'll keep posted, Love my bike so I have the upper hand, I don't need his! Thanks for all the input guys, I will definitely keep it all in mind.