Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

15901 - 15920 of 15920 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15,901
Once I can get my big house sold, I can work on my bike cave and hopefully ride/travel a lot more!

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
Hey, Sean. Glad you're still with us.

·
FREEBIRD
7,441 Posts
Got my license plate sticker today. I know it's a bit early as there's plenty of winter left here, but I was just eager to do something related to the bike. :LOL: I had to turn the key on to get the mileage on it. Lol, not quite riding, but I'll take what I can get. Aye ay aye, the cabin fever's gettin' to me.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
Got my license plate sticker today. I know it's a bit early as there's plenty of winter left here, but I was just eager to do something related to the bike. :LOL: I had to turn the key on to get the mileage on it. Lol, not quite riding, but I'll take what I can get. Aye ay aye, the cabin fever's gettin' to me.

View attachment 238478
I always pay for my plates in January/February. Got in the habit when I had a tax refund. Now I usually owe $20 every year. July I have to make my yearly house and flood insurance payments and that's also when my plates expire. I spread the cost out a bit this way. I still won't bother putting stickers on until close to date though. Too cold to mess with it.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
here you are given a date...

for me.. its when I changed my plates from Ohio to Texas... so that is when you renew time...
it does change, like when you replace a car or bike.. then the date changed to the new transfer date (month)

fyi, in Texas.. new plates or my case title / plate transfer from one state to another.... is a different building then just a renewal.. by 6 miles.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
here you are given a date...

for me.. its when I changed my plates from Ohio to Texas... so that is when you renew time...
it does change, like when you replace a car or bike.. then the date changed to the new transfer date (month)

fyi, in Texas.. new plates or my case title / plate transfer from one state to another.... is a different building then just a renewal.. by 6 miles.
That's weird. Here it's by last name. I fall in the end of July. We had some other system before but they went with this one to spread out the BMV usage. Yes, we have a BMV not DMV in Indiana. 😛
We can also do everything online including license renewal so I never really go to branch unless I buy a new motorcycle. Even then I don't really need to I can do the whole thing online. Just faster by going. Never spent more than 15 minutes at license branch for anything. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's the same here... renewal by the month alphabetically by last name. Mine begins with P so all vehicle tags are renewed each July. It can be done online but I have a Shriner's plate that requires me to go to the Probate office and show a membership card each year

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here they issue on month of transfer of ownership or month I moved to state. I renew online because it's faster than the 15 mile drive. It is easier to go to the office now that so many people use the online services now. Makes it nice when registering new purchases.

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
It's been over a year now, but we no longer need stickers on our plates, for anything. Yay.

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
To clarify: Pa. no longer requires a sticker for registration, to be attached to the plate. However we still require an annual inspection sticker, and on bikes usually on a front fork lower, and auto's, lower left w/s.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Still here, Mike! Where you headed? If it's in my neck of the woods, I'm up for a ride. My load will be lightened by spring and I plan to get my knees in the breeze a lot more this year. Trust me.....I need it. If only to outrun the voices in my head. Lol 😆
For sure up to see Maddog but I’d love to get a Canadian get together going somewhere we can all meet while I’m there!! WNGD, Maddog, Symon, Les and Karen and ever elusive Wigit

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
For sure up to see Maddog but I’d love to get a Canadian get together going somewhere we can all meet while I’m there!! WNGD, Maddog, Symon, Les and Karen and ever elusive Wigit
I might have to tag along on that. Sounds like a fun group. :cool:

·
Registered
16,051 Posts
Steve, Simon & pals attend the Port Dover rallies on Fridays up there.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,205 Posts
imagejpeg_0003~2.jpg

Tends to work better with the round things on bottom...

·
FREEBIRD
7,441 Posts
Steve, Simon & pals attend the Port Dover rallies on Fridays up there.
Port Dover is a big deal up here, especially on every Friday the 13th. It's a bit of a 'thing'. There are a few locals who do it mid winter, if necessary. You fellas are more than welcome to join us. EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY THE 13th IS A BIG DEAL IN PORT DOVER. If you show up on some random cold April Friday 13th on your bike, you will be treated like GOLD. I guarantee that. Ontario folks are good folks.

·
FREEBIRD
7,441 Posts
15901 - 15920 of 15920 Posts