·
Registered
16,501 Posts
Yeah. It takes less than 5 seconds.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I ride my bike up next to the wall.. battery tender mounted on the wall
the cord is hanging.. while I am still on the bike, I take hold of the cord.. and plug it into the bike by my knee,
flip the switch to on for the BT next to the BT..
step off the bike.. Done.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,456 Posts
I'd have to go in house and get the tender then walk back out plug into bike plug into outside outlet. I'm too lazy for all that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the cable attached to my battery and sticking out beneath the seat for quick plug in, so that isn't an issue. I was just curious if any of you keep one on daily even during your riding season, or only when your bike is stored or dormant for more than a week or two.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,456 Posts
I have the cable attached to my battery and sticking out beneath the seat for quick plug in, so that isn't an issue. I was just curious if any of you keep one on daily even during your riding season, or only when your bike is stored or dormant for more than a week or two.
I used to, but now I don't.
I had an 8 year old battery fail on me last year. Is that because I didn't plug into tender daily? I doubt it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I usually plug in if I'm not riding everyday. As long as my charging system is good it doesn't seem to matter. My son plugs in after every ride.

·
Registered
16,501 Posts
LESS than 2 weeks ago, a buddy and I attended a NCAA Div. 1 basketball game in Loretto, Pa., home of the St. Francis Red Flash. In the seats immediately in front and to the right of us, was the University President and his assistant. At halftime I got up to use the mens room. I came back to find he was sitting in my seat, talking to a woman seated to my immediate left. All harmless, right? And I waited a few minutes without disturbing them until he took his own seat to start the second half. Now, today's newspaper had a couple of quotes by him from a reporter asking about his recent trip to Italy, just OVER 2 weeks ago. He has had no symptoms, neither have I, but this is just to show how innocent and random people to people contacts -could- contribute to a pandemic.

Reactions: MR VTX

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I am such a bastard!
Every time when I go to the grocery store the checker asks (has to ask) "did you find everything OK?"

Today, with most shelves empty, I 'chastised' the checker for 'forgetting' to ask me that.
We got some good laughs out of that.

Keep smiling!

·
Registered
16,501 Posts
Yes, it is, Rick. Just like SEX!

·
FREEBIRD
7,618 Posts
Happy St. Paddy's Day, folks! ? What a lousy time for 'social distancing'. Just got in from the garage where my cop neighbour and I had a cigar and a couple Guinness. Cheers!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,456 Posts
Our first death here from COVID-19 was someone who has not left the country, does not know anyone who left the country, does not know anyone who has been sick.
Community spread is real and they are still trying to understand the spread between asymptomatic people.
Unfortunately this crap isn't going away anytime soon.
We will still be talking Corona in middle of year.

·
Registered
16,501 Posts
I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow, for follow-up/ consult about my nuclear stress test of a couple weeks ago. They called yesterday to confirm my keeping the appointment. They also asked if I had any fever, dry cough, shortness of breath. Never asked that before, lol. Heard on FOX news awhile ago, the cases from China, show a somewhat higher risk of contracting the virus if you are Type A blood. I'm A+. Yippee! I'm finally a winner at something!

Reactions: MR VTX

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
the next time I see the doctor.. I need to ask what my blood type is !!
I forget .

I thought I had a Card.... SS or Military reject ( 4F ) card had it.

the "F" just keeps following me..
Military 4F
VF750F
CBR1000F
VTX1800F
I am a Member of the "F" Troop anyway, Original Charter Member.

·
FREEBIRD
7,618 Posts
My son-in-law does medical research for a living. He basically compiles data and then writes papers on the results for various clients. He was recently commissioned from a client(I am going to assume the government) to write a paper on the Covid pandemic. I consider him a very good source of information. He says, best case scenario, this is over in August. This is going to be a rough year, fellas. Stay safe.

·
FREEBIRD
7,618 Posts
My son-in-law does medical research for a living. He basically compiles data and then writes papers on the results for various clients. He was recently commissioned from a client(I am going to assume the government) to write a paper on the Covid pandemic. I consider him a very good source of information. He says, best case scenario, this is over in August. This is going to be a rough year, fellas. Stay safe.

15961 - 15980 of 16141 Posts