Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

15981 - 16000 of 16027 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
It is going to be tough, especially for those already low on the economic ladder.
I expect a million new unemployed, and those jobs won't come back quickly.

And the $1000 check that we have been promised?
Let's hope they indeed go to those who NEED it.

Besides cutting the portion of my retirement savings that is in the stock market by 35+% I am not really impacted. I know the market will recover again, it may take a year or two, but I am not worried about it. Remember: a correction was long overdue.
I already have decided to give that check to a local charity; they need it more than I do. Since I no longer belong to the 'working class', I don't deserve this check.

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
I have paid enough over the 50+ years I've worked, in taxes of all kinds, to take the $$$ and run. "THEY" will get it back anyway, one way or another.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
A friend of mine said he made the mistake of vaping a little cannabis last night then watching Netflix's "The Next Pandemic" and then the movie "Contagion" with Matt Damon. 😆 With everything that's going on in the world today and Ontario on lockdown, he said it really messed him up. Haha
Considering everyone is 'social distancing', I was thinking of doing something similar tonight, only I might stick with Shaun of the Dead. 😂

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Throw in 'The Andromeda Strain' and '2012'.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
I don't think I've seen either, but I DO love me some sci-fi. (y)

EDIT: Ooh, that Andromeda Strain looks interesting! Thanks, Fran.

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
Just remember that Andromeda Strain is an old movie (~1971, about six years before the original Star Wars) and contains very little action, advanced graphics, stunning visuals, etc. Nothing like the movies of today. This doesn't make it better or worse. Rather, it is from a different era of film-making and is best appreciated by bearing that in mind.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
Just remember that Andromeda Strain is an old movie (~1971, about six years before the original Star Wars) and contains very little action, advanced graphics, stunning visuals, etc. Nothing like the movies of today. This doesn't make it better or worse. Rather, it is from a different era of film-making and is best appreciated by bearing that in mind.
Absolutely agree. I hope that comment was directed at the masses, and not myself, Vinish. After all, I did name my Victory Magnum 'Val 9000' after Stanley Kubrick's antagonist in Space Odyssey.

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Haha, the robot with the dopey voice (Mel Blanc) and a head shaped like a penis.

·
There Can Only Be One
2,641 Posts
Totally forgot about this thread, since the last time I received an email notification of new replies was 2/2/20. Chuck, you may be right about something going on with this forum still. My bike is still in pieces and work is now slowing down enough that it's time for me to begin the arduous task of reassembling the ol' gal.

I did, however, add something cool to my '08 Sequoia today: a plug-n-play remote start with 4G service & app control from my phone. Gonna be nice cooling/heating the ride before we enter it. :)

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts
Totally forgot about this thread, since the last time I received an email notification of new replies was 2/2/20. Chuck, you may be right about something going on with this forum still. My bike is still in pieces and work is now slowing down enough that it's time for me to begin the arduous task of reassembling the ol' gal.

I did, however, add something cool to my '08 Sequoia today: a plug-n-play remote start with 4G service & app control from my phone. Gonna be nice cooling/heating the ride before we enter it. :)
You need heat?

·
There Can Only Be One
2,641 Posts
You need heat?
Contrary to popular belief, SE Texas does get cold spells every now and then...below freezing. This winter was milder, but we still had some upper 20-degree mornings. My vehicle stays outside & I take the kids to school, so a warm, toasty vehicle to jump into will be nice. Having it cooled down in the summer heat down here will be even more appreciated.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
in August 2019, I purchased a 2014 station wagon.
it has remote start.. I used it once just to see if it worked.. it did..
this winter has been warmer then normal.. here in very south Texas..
this past Thursday.. Ride Day.. it got to 96 degrees. day started at 74 degrees.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts
Hard to beat heated seats in the winter and cooling seats in summer. Need that for the bike also.
Heated grips are wonderful. Don't care about heating my rear.

I've had remote start on my vehicles for 17 years. Love to step into a warm ride going to work. :)

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Yes, it pays to get the upgrade packages esp. when buying a used vehicle. You get all the bells & whistles same as new, unless you can afford the new vehicle first. My current and previous couple vehicles I specified the top grade package mainly for the remote start and heated seats, but you get better interiors, nicer trim packages, better brakes & suspensions, bigger rubber and other things too. And a little (not much) better trade value when time for another vehicle.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
in August 2019, I purchased a 2014 station wagon.
it has remote start.. I used it once just to see if it worked.. it did..
this winter has been warmer then normal.. here in very south Texas..
this past Thursday.. Ride Day.. it got to 96 degrees. day started at 74 degrees.
also first car with heated seats with leather ( 4 bucket seats )..
I never knew.. second set of seats.. have forward/back movement AND recline, like the fronts.
and many other items.
I could not find a "SE" had to get a "SEL".

15981 - 16000 of 16027 Posts