Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

16001 - 16020 of 16027 Posts

·
There Can Only Be One
2,641 Posts
Yes, it pays to get the upgrade packages esp. when buying a used vehicle. You get all the bells & whistles same as new, unless you can afford the new vehicle first. My current and previous couple vehicles I specified the top grade package mainly for the remote start and heated seats, but you get better interiors, nicer trim packages, better brakes & suspensions, bigger rubber and other things too. And a little (not much) better trade value when time for another vehicle.
So true. We purchase all of our vehicles used (last brand new one I bought was the VTX in '03 - because it was the first year of the 1300C, and it was my divorce present to myself :D ). And we buy them to drive/enjoy & not for any resale/trade-in value. I let someone else take the immediate depreciation hit. This latest Sequoia I bought around this time two years ago with 219K miles on the clock for $8500 cash...I'm now at 265K. I checked the VIN on Toyota's website and was shocked when I found that the single-owner had taken it in to the same dealer for EVERYTHING...even light bulb changes. All fluids (including tranny flushes) were done on time, and all recalls had been performed. The Limited Sequoias go for north of $60K with all the options I have in mine...ain't no way I'm taking that hit.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
my 2014 Ford Flex station wagon aka sedan delivery .. purchased 8/2019
is a $39,000 car. I purchased a copy of the window sticker .. before I purchased the car..
it showed the car has $6,000 in upgrades.
factory 20 inch wheels... tires are NOT cheap.

I got it for 14k.. one owner.. very well cared for... not even walmart dings, just a few stone chips.
no repaint.
New windshield

bikes I got (8) NEW, 2 used .... cars/trucks used, except 1.
over 55 years.

2014 Flex 1.JPG

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,263 Posts
Gotta admit I've been browsing the new and used trucks. Mine will be 9 years old in June with around 100k on it by then. I don't need a different one but been browsing. I've also been laughing at the limited and raptor F-150s that are north of $70k new...

My last two vehicles have been new. I might go used next time around. Trucks hold value though in first couple years so not a ton of savings. $6k is still money saved though.
Can get a nice truck with a little more fancy than mine for $30k which has new closer to $50k. The trouble is finding the features I do actually want in used. Not want to downgrade if I change vehicles. Although I probably will get less of an engine. The baby Eco has been positively reviewed the last few years.

I'll get the time I can out of my current ride. Rust monster is the problem and replacing body panels ain't cheap. I already have a fist size hole. :(

·
There Can Only Be One
2,641 Posts
Gotta admit I've been browsing the new and used trucks. Mine will be 9 years old in June with around 100k on it by then. I don't need a different one but been browsing. I've also been laughing at the limited and raptor F-150s that are north of $70k new...

My last two vehicles have been new. I might go used next time around. Trucks hold value though in first couple years so not a ton of savings. $6k is still money saved though.
Can get a nice truck with a little more fancy than mine for $30k which has new closer to $50k. The trouble is finding the features I do actually want in used. Not want to downgrade if I change vehicles. Although I probably will get less of an engine. The baby Eco has been positively reviewed the last few years.

I'll get the time I can out of my current ride. Rust monster is the problem and replacing body panels ain't cheap. I already have a fist size hole. :(
Can always get this one...be fun to drive. Start at the 7:30 mark.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
"(last brand new one I bought was the VTX in '03 - because it was the first year of the 1300C, and it was my divorce present to myself :D ) "

Yes, it was brand new, but still a trade-in; a good one?

:unsure:

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Local morning newspaper reported 5 dirt tracks in the entire country had racing over the weekend, either ignoring or defying recommendations to stay closed. 3 of them were within an hr. of the Pa. state capitol: Port Royal near Lewistown, Lincoln, near Gettysburg, and Williams Grove just SW of Harrisburg. Virtual Nascar? Total BS.

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
The counties immediately to the north and south of ours just reported their first cases. One each.

·
FREEBIRD
7,500 Posts
First responders and doctors have been diagnosed up here, and Canada is ahead of the US in testing. This is not going away anytime soon. It has been community spread for at least a week now. There is no panic, though. People have actually been really great. My retired cop neighbour and I had a long chat this afternoon, across my driveway. He is worried about his wife and himself, and for good reason. He has a heart issue that spread to his lungs, so he's in the Covid's 'crosshairs'. I'm glad that he and I can still enjoy a pint of beer and a few laughs, even if it's a stone's throw away. I went to get mail today from the community mailbox and the car that stopped ahead of me slowly pulled away. I'm guessing they thought I might be infected? Lol, I don't know their situation, so I'm not judging. This is a neighbourhood that has a lot of older folks in it.
My mother lives in town, about 10 or 15 minutes away, and has been looking to me for advice. She just needs reassurance and a reminder to limit her movement outside the home, wash her hands, don't touch her face, wear gloves to pump gas, don't touch a debit keypad, or door handles. I remind her that her phone keypad is safe and she is welcome to call anytime. 😁 I've contacted her every time I go for groceries to see if she needs anything. Same goes for my neighbour, but he is stocked more than me. I may need to raid his liquor storage at some point. Lol
Stay safe, boys. This will eventually pass.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
I / We live in a 55 and older gated community . " RV Park ", Mobile Home, Park Model.
most here are 70 and over.
about 400 people.. lots sizes are about 25x50 feet. so shoe horned. I have a corner lot :)

<< BUT >>
we have a motorcycle group inside this park
from 8 to 15 bikes/trikes.... depending on the month...
currently we have 9.. many went NORTH the past few weeks.

it looks like July here.. no one walking, driving...
my wife is in this things cross hairs .
damaged immune system, asthma, diabetics. high blood pressure

·
Registered
16,101 Posts
Praying for all. Been hunkered in place for a few days, but have to go for groceries today. The store we shop has a Sr.-only from 8-9 AM, but we are not changing our routine and will go out later. Anxious to see whats left on the shelves. We plan to double up on some things, like 2 loaves of bread instead of 1, extra lunchmeats & cheese, a couple DIY pizza's, etc. We have plenty of beverages & snacks. Going to probably be 5-10# overweight till this thing ends.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
we have been without Bread, eggs, cheese, can soup, real potatos ... for almost a week.....
yesterday early to store .. got most of what we needed

being wife does not get up before 9am.. she got up at 7.00am yesterday.

16001 - 16020 of 16027 Posts