Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

16161 - 16180 of 16217 Posts

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
Glad someone woke this thread up after a month nap. I broke out in an abdominal rash overnight- the only thing I can think I did differently or came into contact with, was I took an Imodium yesterday. For you-know-what.
Hope you don't have shingles. If you've ever had chicken pox, you'll get shingles later in life. I saw an advert on TV the other day saying they had a shot for it now. Too late for me.
o_O

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
What a kool app .... If I followed you around that mountain course, my front tire would be toast. Making it last a little longer by slowing down for lefties. Not too much fun though. Some 1300C's get great mileage per tire, some don't (left side wear).
Thanks for video (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak

·
Registered
2007 1300C
510 Posts
Hope you don't have shingles. If you've ever had chicken pox, you'll get shingles later in life. I saw an advert on TV the other day saying they had a shot for it now. Too late for me.
o_O
Yes, there is a shot for the Shingles. It is a two part deal, one shot and 3 -6 months later the 2nd shot.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
o_O
I've had shingles, and have the vaccine. The old one. I'll try to get the new one, which I don't think right now is covered by my plan. The new stuff is Shingrix, and you can still get shingles again, w/o it! NOT too late! I've come to believe my current rash is 'razor burn' from them shaving me. The outgrowing hairs are sharp and irritating the skin, until they grow out more. I'll use 1% Hydrocortisone cream for now.

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,166
What a kool app .... If I followed you around that mountain course, my front tire would be toast. Making it last a little longer by slowing down for lefties. Not too much fun though. Some 1300C's get great mileage per tire, some don't (left side wear).
Thanks for video (y)(y)(y)
I have the highway pegs lower on the N, I noticed in the curves my heel drags the road before anything else! So now my boots have the outside rear edges wore off, lol..... I love these roads. I’ve been putting together some stuff to kinda advertise the area. I have my stickers, now I’m doing some new stickers and I have the local shop making some t shirts for me too...

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
Wow, not having chicken stripes on the tire is one thing, but, to have the heels on your boots worn down too :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I've checked out your "area" for riding and know that those are the tallest mountains on the east coast (BRP says several peaks above 6K feet). To those western folks, I guess we still have "hills" ..... :rolleyes:
I take an XL t-shirt if its cotton (us old guys know about shrinkage) (y);)

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak

·
FREEBIRD
7,696 Posts
One of the millennials at work has shingles right now. He's been off for a few days. We're having a lot of fun busting his balls on our group chat for beng an old man. I know karma's going to come around and bite me in the ass someday, but I can't resist. He's a millennial....I HAVE to! :LOL:

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,169
Wow, not having chicken stripes on the tire is one thing, but, to have the heels on your boots worn down too :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I've checked out your "area" for riding and know that those are the tallest mountains on the east coast (BRP says several peaks above 6K feet). To those western folks, I guess we still have "hills" ..... :rolleyes:
I’m only having 4 made for now. Gonna see if I like them.... if I do, I’m gonna have more made!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,650 Posts
One of the millennials at work has shingles right now. He's been off for a few days. We're having a lot of fun busting his balls on our group chat for beng an old man. I know karma's going to come around and bite me in the ass someday, but I can't resist. He's a millennial....I HAVE to! :LOL:
Hey I'm one of those too.

Shingles at a young age would suck. It comes back over and over from what I've read.

·
FREEBIRD
7,696 Posts
Hey I'm one of those too.

Shingles at a young age would suck. It comes back over and over from what I've read.
Apparently, even bedsheets resting against an infected area is pure agony. It's nothing to make fun about from what I hear. Lol.....I am going straight to hell. Hahaha

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
Mine migrated up my stomach and chest. For several years I could still feel a slight tingle along my nerves in that area. I still treat it with aluminum 😁 -- 12 or 24 oz and pretty cold.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
We used to have friends in Md. Germantown area, when they would come for a visit, they would say about "coming to the mountains", LOL. I'm about 1800', and you have to cross over 1 or 2 to get here that are about 2100', 2200'. What can you say about flatlanders? Mt. Mitchell, Clingman's Dome both NC are over 6K'.

·
Super Moderator
10,207 Posts
The high point of the Blue Ridge Parkway is just over 6000' (Richland Balsam at mile post 431). I believe the best road up and over a tall mountain in the Smokies is NC261/TN143 over Roan Mt. The high point of this route is "only" 5500' at Carver's Gap and the Appalachian Trail but the views are awesome and the road is in great shape and very twisty. It also does not get that much traffic compared to US441 over the mountains in the Smokey Mt. NP (Clingman's Dome) which is very busy and very slow going.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Mine migrated up my stomach and chest. For several years I could still feel a slight tingle along my nerves in that area. I still treat it with aluminum 😁 -- 12 or 24 oz and pretty cold.
Mine started as a circular area right over my heart. If you get them it's usually only on one side. From there it spread under my left arm, down my side and around my back, and down my left thigh and groin area. It felt like someone had beaten me with a 2 x 4, and lasted for days. We were working at the time in a coal-fired generating station, and I would go to work with my crew, and they would cover for me as all I could do was lay on the cement floor. When the rash left, after a few weeks, I would itch forever. Not kidding, it took years before it stopped itching on the original patch. Once in awhile it will still itch, and it's been 22 years now. It permanently damages the nerve endings. While most who get it get it once and done, it can re-occur. Any age. It can be brought on by exposure to someone contagious with chicken pox or shingles, and can be self-induced by extreme stress. In my case, I was also working a couple days in an elementary school that had a chicken pox outbreak, the work was very stressful, and my wife had a death in her immediate family. Triple whammy.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Holy shit.
That job had NO sick days, NO personal days, and only 1 week pd. vacay. The pay was nice, being union scale, but the perks sukked. And random drug tests meant no painkillers or you were DONE!

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Think I want a new room mate. I'm getting itchy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
With all the Covid around Pittsburgh, I didn't complain about catching that from you, lol.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Oh geez you have Covid now too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16161 - 16180 of 16217 Posts