Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

16181 - 16200 of 16217 Posts

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Oh geez you have Covid now too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well, you did expose yourself. They told me to quarantine before surgery last week, but I didn't think it would be because of you! JK, jk!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,651 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,184
The high point of the Blue Ridge Parkway is just over 6000' (Richland Balsam at mile post 431). I believe the best road up and over a tall mountain in the Smokies is NC261/TN143 over Roan Mt. The high point of this route is "only" 5500' at Carver's Gap and the Appalachian Trail but the views are awesome and the road is in great shape and very twisty. It also does not get that much traffic compared to US441 over the mountains in the Smokey Mt. NP (Clingman's Dome) which is very busy and very slow going.
I’ve not done that road. I’ll hit it this weekend when I take my daughter for a run up to the snake/shady valley TN

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
Not kidding, it took years before it stopped itching on the original patch. Once in awhile it will still itch, and it's been 22 years now. It permanently damages the nerve endings. While most who get it get it once and done, it can re-occur. Any age. It can be brought on by exposure to someone contagious with chicken pox or shingles, and can be self-induced by extreme stress. In my case, I was also working a couple days in an elementary school that had a chicken pox outbreak, the work was very stressful, and my wife had a death in her immediate family. Triple whammy.
I got rossacia (SP) on my face, comes and goes. I have a harder time tanning than before, of course, my dermatologist says any tan is bad. I used to have two good nerves, now just one (and it's easily stepped on :mad:).
Sorry to hear all that yours entailed Fran -- a 5 gal bucket of misery :cry: Now I feel lucky in dealing with mine....(y)

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,187
Sounds like that scene from grumpy old men when they’re in the pharmacy....

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,188

·
Registered
845 Posts
This is starting to sound like a pissing contest.( I had my disease for 14 months AND i take 7 pills. that certainly beats your rash and only needing aluminum cream for 5 months, YAHH????? but I lost a kidney and had a scrape on my elbow as well (beat that) WeLLLL once I had A

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Reactions: sumdatx

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
This is starting to sound like a pissing contest.( I had my disease for 14 months AND i take 7 pills. that certainly beats your rash and only needing aluminum cream for 5 months, YAHH????? but I lost a kidney and had a scrape on my elbow as well (beat that) WeLLLL once I had A
Scrambled eggs will help your illness, Steve!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,651 Posts

A different decap mod.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Pa. RR mainlines are all raised bridges and tunnel roofs to accomodate dbl.-decker freight cars.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,651 Posts
Pa. RR mainlines are all raised bridges and tunnel roofs to accomodate dbl.-decker freight cars.
Good plan. Whoever routed this train might be unemployed now. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
That's a Norfolk Southern train. Those car trains pass through Roanoke all the time (without incident). Too bad Roanoke didn't seem to care about keeping NS here --they're moving out of state. This railroad built Roanoke :(
Another notch in the belt of liberal local governments :mad:

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
You should try gout
I have and continue to if I'm not careful. Hit me at 3am while stationed at RAF Chicksands in England. Couldn't even stand for a bed sheet to lay on top of the big toe of my right foot. Got my butt over to see a doctor ASAP around 7:30 am. Couple of pills and it was gone.
(y)

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
That's a Norfolk Southern train. Those car trains pass through Roanoke all the time (without incident). Too bad Roanoke didn't seem to care about keeping NS here --they're moving out of state. This railroad built Roanoke :(
Another notch in the belt of liberal local governments :mad:
Altoona Pa. is another outlet for Norfolk Southern shops. I have a friend Dan who has worked there maybe 20 years, locomotive electrician. Damn good job. But they cut a couple hundred jobs a year or 2 ago, and I don't know if he had to transfer, took retirement, or what?

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,640 Posts
Been that way here for quite awhile. According to a mechanic friend who has a good buddy in the N&S maintenance shops, they have been robbing parts off of older trains to keep as many as they can still running. Used to call this "k-balling" in the service (canabalizing). I think they have shut down the contract operation that built new coal cars. Another sign of the times which is leading to more unemployment in W by God Va.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,651 Posts
PXL_20200919_174212567.jpg

Not sure what happened here. 🤷‍♂️ 🚂

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,200
Taking my baby girl riding tomorrow. I think she’s excited....

mans she braided my beard for me !!!

16181 - 16200 of 16217 Posts