Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

16221 - 16240 of 16254 Posts

·
Registered
16,927 Posts
My WIFE is 71. Parkinsons for over 4 years now. Past couple months she's lost her balance and fallen in the house, no damage thus far. Only a matter of time I guess. Please pray for my patience. I'm bad with that.

·
FREEBIRD
7,720 Posts
Mom's off to the orthopedic surgeon today. We'll see what's up in a bit. God, it hurts seeing her like this. I feel so useless.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,693 Posts
Yup.

I saw same posted with a picture of motorcycle but cars work too. :)

Honda owners manual is useless... Tells you not to speed and other things no one cares about.

My Vic owners manual has every standard maintenance item in it. Same content as service manual. :)
It also tells me not to speed and that my bike will spontaneously combust if I use tires that were not included from factory. 🤦‍♂️

·
There Can Only Be One
2,697 Posts
Yup.

Honda owners manual is useless... Tells you not to speed and other things no one cares about.

My Vic owners manual has every standard maintenance item in it. Same content as service manual. :)
It also tells me not to speed and that my bike will spontaneously combust if I use tires that were not included from factory. 🤦‍♂️
You paid a "premium" for that Vic, though, if you bought it new. :p

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Yup.

And let's not forget California's prop 65: "eating brake pads may give you cancer".

·
FREEBIRD
7,720 Posts
Unfortunately, the reason for these silly warnings is that somebody somewhere has actually done it. The CYA rule.(cover yer arse)

·
Registered
2007 1300C
531 Posts
Hey River 13,
I kind of lost track of you for a while, you were about to open your own business and you broke your ankle along about the same time. You are riding so ankle is OK, did you get to start your own business?

·
Deuce
3,784 Posts
Hey River 13,
I kind of lost track of you for a while, you were about to open your own business and you broke your ankle along about the same time. You are riding so ankle is OK, did you get to start your own business?
No I have not been able to make it all work as of now. I still do a little side work but not nearly as busy as I was

·
Registered
'06 VTX 1300 C and R
6,653 Posts
Happy to see you on here again. And glad your ankle is good to go -- sets off metal detectors ???? o_O;)

Reactions: River13 and MR VTX

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,693 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,693 Posts

·
FREEBIRD
7,720 Posts
Canadian Thanksgiving today. 🍁🦃 We're having the 'kids' over for dinner tonight. Turkey's in the oven and the house smells great. Kinda feels like pre-Covid life for once.
Just wanted to say I'm thankful for my online bike gang here at the Cafe. Cheers everyone! 🍻 Here's hoping for a better 2021. Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
The Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is about a month earlier than the USA one. Perhaps this is due to the Canadian harvest time being earlier, on average, than that of the USA.

·
FREEBIRD
7,720 Posts
The Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is about a month earlier than the USA one. Perhaps this is due to the Canadian harvest time being earlier, on average, than that of the USA.
Probably. Here in Ontario, our nights are dipping down close to freezing and there's even s^@% forecast for this weekend. Pool's closed and toys will soon be winterized for storage. Ugh.... :cautious:
Here's a pic of the Autumn Blaze maple in our front yard...

·
FREEBIRD
7,720 Posts
My son-in-law just commented on that maple. Lol
They just had a large maple cut out of their yard for safety reasons this fall, and were wondering what they should replace it with. As soon as he saw this beauty, he said that's the one.😁👍

16221 - 16240 of 16254 Posts