·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
Hahaha, this is so inappropriate. 😂 "We RESPECT our f***in' elders!" 😆

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,794 Posts
That series is on Hulu streaming here in the US.

·
Too short for my weight
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,407
@Wigit a dull hum..... I too have been in a cave

·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
Wigit, were do you come up with this stuff! Definitely put a smile on my face after a really $&!&#y week. Thanks for the laughs 😆
Oh trust me dude, this shit finds me! Haha
I'm the same, bro. I NEED this shit. Letterkenney is on season 7 or 8. It is beyond funny. It is based on the lead character's home town of Listowel, Ontario.(where I grew up) and shot in Sudbury.(where my best bud lives) This show is on another level. Good guys. It's on Crave TV here in Canada, not sure about the US. My kids bought me the dvd collection and I've been binge watching it through the winter.🤣 Nothing quite like belly laughing for weeks!
Best. Gift. Ever!

·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
Speaking of my buddy Dave, who lives in Sudbury, ON directly on top of the most famous nickel mine in the world, check this out. Dave sent me this just now.
'The stack'.

I replied "World's biggest bong!" 😁

·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
I have a friend at work that took a helicopter ride up the side of that stack back in the day. He said the top of that chimney is wide enough to drive a small car around it. When it was being built, a tornado swept through. One of the guys on the scaffolding just up and quit right after that. Lol
Sudbury tornado - Wikipedia Copper Cliff is the neighbourhood he lives in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a friend at work that took a helicopter ride up the side of that stack back in the day. He said the top of that chimney is wide enough to drive a small car around it. When it was being built, a tornado swept through. One of the guys on the scaffolding just up and quit right after that. Lol
Sudbury tornado - Wikipedia Copper Cliff is the neighbourhood he lives in.
I grew up in the Sudbury area and I remember that storm quite clearly. My father who spent 40 years with Inco, knew some guys who were working up there at that time. Apparently the top was swaying 6' from side to side and one guy freaked out and was going to jump but the guys held him down until it passed. Probably the guy who quit.
I also heard that it will be torn down in the next while.
Small world Wigit, as I have friends who spent quite a few years in Listowel and me with my Sudbury (actually Garson) roots.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wigit, last time I was in Canada was in the 90's. Went to a place called loon lake. My father and couple of his friends would go up north and fish on the deserted lakes for a little over a week. Did it for 5 or 6 years straight. Went to a place run by Zeke n Bee, I believe it was gull lake but its been many years, many beers, and probably too many other stuff😅😅. You and I would probably get along great. Keep up posting the music and humor as I really enjoy it. Have a great one and be safe and stay warm. Maybe someday I'll make it back to Canada 🇨🇦.

·
Too short for my weight
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,414
After 2 years without, I now have central heat and air! it’s pretty exciting stuff....

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,794 Posts
After 2 years without, I now have central heat and air! it’s pretty exciting stuff....
No central air for few years. It died.
Gonna do it all together with furnace still chugging along but it's 25+ years old so due to replace.

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
How's that global warming and climate change working out for everyone? Lets close down some more coal fired generating stations! And end fossil fuel drilling & fracking. I feel warmer already.

·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
Climate change is real. It's undeniable. I truly believe that the Earth is trying to shake off the 'human virus' with a 'fever'.
That being said....as long as these climate scientists are flying around the world in passenger jets to spread the good word, I'll be burnin' gallons of dead dinosaurs and layin' rubber in my 400+ hp V8. Ain't NOBODY taking that away from me. Not in this lifetime.😆🤘

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
Climate change is real. It also has been going on since Adam wore a fig leaf. Not since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Or since I passed my drivers' test. Volcanoes have been erupting around the world forever. Same goes for forest fires started by lightning strikes. They burned unchecked until it rained.

·
FREEBIRD
7,906 Posts
No doubt about that. I'm not saying it's cow farts(maybe we should change their diet?), but to think that 7 billion people in an industrial age, cutting down forests to grow crops, has no impact on the environment is just burying your head in the sand. This isn't sustainable. Am I willing to change to turn this ship around? Nope. Am I going to sell my V8 and buy an efficient Prius?(basically a vagina on wheels) Nope. As long as guys like me are walking this Earth, it's going to be a loooong slow change. Then again, I've watched a bunch of Tesla car videos. Those things are torque machines! HooEEE! I'll never give up my gas guzzler, but I'd love to take one of those for a rip. It's like a slot car. 0 - Holy sh*t in 1 second flat.

16401 - 16420 of 16428 Posts