Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
16701 - 16720 of 16743 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
I predict they will ALL look like livermush to Spoiler.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
I wish I was able to retire

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,104 Posts

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Like Nike.................JUST DO IT!

Reactions: sumdatx and IndyX

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,104 Posts
October 20, 2051 :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

·
Tinkerer
1,799 Posts
November 11th, 2029

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Mine just occurred. I went half-time in May, 2017 and fully retired in May, 2021. I am still keeping quite busy.

Reactions: sumdatx and LEGO

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I never planned to retire, I loved my job too much. Then, one corporate reorganization too many in 2017 put me in a group where the number one priority of management was to lie about quality and performance of the equipment they promised to executives. I refused to participate in that lie. I waited for the next round of stock options to mature and proudly walked out in July 2018 at the age of 67. No regrets whatsoever.
PS: that whole organization was shut down 13 month later and 300+ people laid off. Should I have waited for a layoff package? Nope. My integrity is not for sale.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I never planned to retire, I loved my job too much. Then, one corporate reorganization too many in 2017 put me in a group where the number one priority of management was to lie about quality and performance of the equipment they promised to executives. I refused to participate in that lie. I waited for the next round of stock options to mature and proudly walked out in July 2018 at the age of 67. No regrets whatsoever.
PS: that whole organization was shut down 13 month later and 300+ people laid off. Should I have waited for a layoff package? Nope. My integrity is not for sale.
You’re friends with SPARKY there has to be some regret :ROFLMAO::unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
You’re friends with SPARKY there has to be some regret :ROFLMAO::unsure:
No regrets there either. After 90,000 miles riding alone I now have a riding buddy.
I bet you though that HE has regrets: I am too slow for him. Of course, little guys on little bikes can go around Colorado twisties much faster than big guys on big bikes.
:giggle: :geek: :unsure: :rolleyes: :devilish:

(Oh boy, I am going to be in trouble now).
:giggle:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
No regrets there either. After 90,000 miles riding alone I now have a riding buddy.
I bet you though that HE has regrets: I am too slow for him. Of course, little guys on little bikes can go around Colorado twisties much faster than big guys on big bikes.
:giggle: :geek: :unsure: :rolleyes: :devilish:

(Oh boy, I am going to be in trouble now).
:giggle:
He is a cute little fella isn’t he :ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Like livermush? Gee, I hope not.

• Wow
Reactions: RJ64 and sumdatx
16701 - 16720 of 16743 Posts