·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,368 Posts

·
Too short for my weight
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16,989 ·
Yesterday I was given a hydraulic motorcycle lift or jack perfect timing I’m going to change the oil my the bike this week.
I pull mine up on 2x10 (ea wheel) and the a couple 2x’s under the kickstand to level it up. I think it would be pretty difficult to catch the oil with a jack underneath

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
I pull mine up on 2x10 (ea wheel) and the a couple 2x’s under the kickstand to level it up. I think it would be pretty difficult to catch the oil with a jack underneath
Yes, it does get messy. The forward frame/ jack support is in the way.

·
Registered
18,400 Posts
Don't you just HATE Honda? Some bike brands you only have to ADD oil, old oil just magically disappears.
:unsure: ;):p:cool:
Haha, yeah, mostly just onto the ground or floor.

• Haha
Reactions: henkvdb

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,368 Posts

·
Registered
18,400 Posts

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
A special lane IN THE MIDDLE?
That means you have to worry about idiots running into you from TWO sides.
This doesn't make sense, the special lane should be on the far left so that you only would have to worry about idiots on ONE side.
I don't lane split, it is not allowed in Colorado anyway, but the one time in heavy traffic where I stayed in the middle lane I almost was killed twice within ten seconds. I now always stay in the far left lane.

What caused this 'attitude'?
Left-to-right, lanes 1,2,3,4 on i25. I was at peace in lane 3 after a nice long ride.
A moron right in front of me was about to miss his exit so slammed on his brakes. I had to make an emergency stop. I always keep plenty of space, but emergency stops are no fun, ever.
OK, two seconds later my heart started beating again and I went on my way, but this moron's buddy all the way left of me in lane 1 also did not want to miss the same exit, so went straight from lane 1 to lane 2,3,4, of course, right in front of me.
Again, very close call, an other emergency stop.
From that point on in heavy or semi-heavy traffic I ALWAYS stay in the far left lane so that I only have to worry about idiots on one side.

Sorry for the rant.

16981 - 16997 of 16997 Posts