Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,104 Posts
Nice find.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,104 Posts
Got a few miles on it so it didn't totally sit. You going on a trip now you have space for things. :)

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a few miles on it so it didn't totally sit. You going on a trip now you have space for things. :)
Yessir! I've always wanted to do the Cabot Trail around Nova Scotia... it is the perfect bike for such a trip... >>>> Explore the Cabot Trail

"Experience the natural beauty of the Cape Breton Highlands as you drive the famous Cabot Trail. This 298 km (186 mi) highway weaves through The Cape Breton Highlands National Park, rewarding travellers with spectacular valley and coastal views all along the way."

Maybe I can find and let Jon (wigit) and Deane (RBull) know when I'm headed up, and plan to ride "the trail" with one or both of them... a long haul for Jon, but right in Deane's neck of the woods...

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the entire history on the Beamer... my father-in-law sold it to me last night... he's 75 now and his balance and leg strength aren't what they once were, so he's (sadly) giving up riding... he lives in Cali, so he's been riding it continuously all year long for 16 years, just not often, hence the low miles. He just had it fully serviced and tuned by his BMW dealer, new tires, etc... you know me, though, I'll give it the rocket scientist tune-up... he's trailering it to me later this summer when they come East for a month to visit their daughters...

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Reactions: mjklaser

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Hi Fran! Thanks, man! How you doin', bro?!?! :mosh:
We be just fine, Mark! Golfed some today before storms hit. I'm buying a brand new chin spoiler chrome cover from a new dude in Calgary, as soon as I get the $$ to him. Cabot is a great road to ride.

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,810 Posts
Sweet score Mark and glad to see you here. I guess the color is ok for you. If you go to "New Scotland" , stop by Oak Island for a peek -- I would.
Gone for 7 months from the VTX boards and back now. Don't see a TWSS used anywhere. :cry:
Again, congrats on the new to you ride. Will look right at home next to Yankee Siege (y)

·
Fastest Red Club Member
8,104 Posts
Sweet score Mark and glad to see you here. I guess the color is ok for you. If you go to "New Scotland" , stop by Oak Island for a peek -- I would.
Gone for 7 months from the VTX boards and back now. Don't see a TWSS used anywhere. :cry:
Again, congrats on the new to you ride. Will look right at home next to Yankee Siege (y)
Most left like you did. New have come but they don't post after an intro.

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
I'd throw out a TWSS if I get the chance, Tom. 2 big things to see in 'New Scotland' (a.k.a.Nova Scotia) The tide rise/ fall @ Bay of Fundy and Peggy's Cove lighthouse/ area.

·
Too short for my weight
5,720 Posts
Cool score Mark! You’ll have to start rocket scientist tune-up thread! Glad to see you’re doing good! If you do get to ride with wigit, snap a pic for us!!!!

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It is so great to see and hear from you, Tom! I didn't know if you were gone or still here. I wholeheartedly hope that all is truly well for you! ... (as I do for all my brothers on the Café!) ... We had a long, wonderful run on the old site, which I miss tremendously. Thank you for your kind words. With the civilized BMW, I guess now I'll have the opportunity to try myself out as a 'High Finesse Gentleman'... I dunno if I'm cut out for that Gentleman shi*, though... maybe I should turn this thing into a stealth-mode, screamin' Teutonic hot rod and continue with the Hooliganism... heh-heh-heh. And I might be chomping at the bit to have it sooner rather than later... and am considering not waiting for FIL to bring it East on a trailer... heh-heh-heh. Stay tuned... Tom, thanks for posting brother, I've missed our 'good ole days'... wishing you peace and health always!

Mark

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'd throw out a TWSS if I get the chance, Tom. 2 big things to see in 'New Scotland' (a.k.a.Nova Scotia) The tide rise/ fall @ Bay of Fundy and Peggy's Cove lighthouse/ area.
TWSS!! :icon_chee :mosh:

(Thanks for setting that up, Fran... even if ya didn't know you were!) :bleh:

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Cool score Mark! You’ll have to start rocket scientist tune-up thread! Glad to see you’re doing good! If you do get to ride with wigit, snap a pic for us!!!!
Sean, great to hear from you too, brother! I thought for sure you were gone for good! You were AWOL for months (years?) even from the old site! How the hellsitgoin' man? You still riding all those beautiful southern scenic byways that we were always so lucky to see your photos of? You were remaking an old homestead, right? How'd that go? Peace and health, bro'!

Mark

P.S. ...about photographing wigit... I don't wanna crack the lens on my camera... lemme think about that first... :doh:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Reminds me of my old ST1100. Only better in most ways likely. Should be smooth and well mannered. Pretty much the opposite of the VTX.

Weren't you getting a 1800?

Kevin

Reactions: mjklaser
1 - 20 of 72 Posts