Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Reminds me of my old ST1100. Only better in most ways likely. Should be smooth and well mannered. Pretty much the opposite of the VTX.

Weren't you getting a 1800?

Kevin
Hey, Kevin! Yessir, my buddy's 1800 Neo was in play, very good memory! That is looking less likely to happen, now... and yeah, I'm looking forward to the 'smooth and well-mannered' on long trips...

·
Too short for my weight
5,720 Posts
Sean, great to hear from you too, brother! I thought for sure you were gone for good! You were AWOL for months (years?) even from the old site! How the hellsitgoin' man? You still riding all those beautiful southern scenic byways that we were always so lucky to see your photos of? You were remaking an old homestead, right? How'd that go? Peace and health, bro'!

Mark

P.S. ...about photographing wigit... I don't wanna crack the lens on my camera... lemme think about that first... :doh:
Yeah, was gone for a while, but found my way back. I moved into the new homestead almost a year ago, still have a lot to do but it’s home. And most importantly it’s paid for! Just sold my other house so I’m finally debt free (except for my truck)!
still riding the mountains and loving it! if you ever make it here I’ll tour guide ya!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Hey Mark!!!!! Long time no see brother!!! Nice ride, you’ll be spoiled!! 2021 some of us CAFE friends are planning a ride to New Hampshire and Nova Scotia as a two week trip and I’m hoping to go.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
It is so great to see and hear from you, Tom! I didn't know if you were gone or still here. I wholeheartedly hope that all is truly well for you! ... (as I do for all my brothers on the Café!) ... We had a long, wonderful run on the old site, which I miss tremendously. Thank you for your kind words. With the civilized BMW, I guess now I'll have the opportunity to try myself out as a 'High Finesse Gentleman'... I dunno if I'm cut out for that Gentleman shi*, though... maybe I should turn this thing into a stealth-mode, screamin' Teutonic hot rod and continue with the Hooliganism... heh-heh-heh. And I might be chomping at the bit to have it sooner rather than later... and am considering not waiting for FIL to bring it East on a trailer... heh-heh-heh. Stay tuned... Tom, thanks for posting brother, I've missed our 'good ole days'... wishing you peace and health always!

Mark
I have been to Several National BMW motorcycle rallies ...

you have no IDEA just how wild "They" can get.

the Harrisburg PA, BMW club put on a state wide rally.. and they provide free BEER all weekend . provided you drop your bike keys at the sign-in desk..
they own there own camp ground .. ..

the first 2 photos.. are there national at Lake Placid, NY....
I camped in the woods in the background.

and the BMW rally at Leadville Co.

·
FREEBIRD
8,160 Posts
Yessir! I've always wanted to do the Cabot Trail around Nova Scotia... it is the perfect bike for such a trip... >>>> Explore the Cabot Trail

"Experience the natural beauty of the Cape Breton Highlands as you drive the famous Cabot Trail. This 298 km (186 mi) highway weaves through The Cape Breton Highlands National Park, rewarding travellers with spectacular valley and coastal views all along the way."

Maybe I can find and let Jon (wigit) and Deane (RBull) know when I'm headed up, and plan to ride "the trail" with one or both of them... a long haul for Jon, but right in Deane's neck of the woods...
Hang on.........Hold up..........are we talkin' ROAD TRIP?!

·
Tinkerer
1,799 Posts
Hey Mark, did you ever take possession of the BMW? I would like to read a report and see a few more photos.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
8,104 Posts
Think they picked up the BMW and left us.
Haven't been back to the site after their last post in this thread June 21 2020.

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,810 Posts
I miss old Hooligan Mark aka Doctor Laser :cry:

·
Too short for my weight
5,720 Posts

·
Tinkerer
1,799 Posts
I remember that he had a health issue 🙏 praying that nothing has happened to him.

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
Count me in too as missing the guy. All the good ones left. Spoiler, Chopperhound, 'laser, SPyKer, Bassdude, Beriah, a number of others that were great to have around.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,297 Posts
Has anyone sent Mark a PM? And Spoiler was the most off the wall character I have ever come across. His plan for mounting a canoe to suction cups on his helmet had me ROTFLMAO!

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
I miss Fran. He was such a cool guy to have around and actually had a sense of humor unlike some other folks cough*cough (insert weird face emoji here). I heard he is still around somewhere giving people a hard time like back in the spring of '17 (using my best old person voice impersonation)(oh, and waving my cane around in the air)(oh and yelling at kids to get offa my lawn)(and using the cane to whack said kids in the back of the head) Oh, I think Fran just got back!! Hey man! Love ya! mean it! hahahahahahahaha (I think the meds just kicked in. This will be an interesting day) Nothing to see here, move along, move along!!

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
I just learned a few days ago that Spoiler moved several years ago to my winter stompin' grounds - The Villages, FL. I had not run into him which is not surprising given how many people live there. I will try to look him up this winter. I do not know if he lives there full time or just winters there.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
His inflate-o gals needed more company there in the swinging capital of the USA.

Reactions: sumdatx and Wigit

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I just learned a few days ago that Spoiler moved several years ago to my winter stompin' grounds - The Villages, FL. I had not run into him which is not surprising given how many people live there. I will try to look him up this winter. I do not know if he lives there full time or just winters there.
Forehead Nose Chin Eyebrow Jaw

Finding the above avatar from a user named 'spoiler' using google keywords "the villages" tells me there may be a chance that this is the spoiler we all know and love so much.
:giggle: :geek:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts