Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,405 Posts
Dang. Very sorry to hear about your medical problems. I hope it works out well for you. I have never visited the newer sections of TV - those south of the Turnpike. Your place looks awesome. We are maintaining two homes for two reasons - 1) I could not tolerate the heat in FL in the summer and 2) The motorcycle riding is lousy in FL. That is part of why we moved from MI in the summers to the mountains of western NC. I am 1 minute away from good riding and 20-30 minutes away from great riding - some of the best in the nation. We both do have bikes in both homes so we do ride in FL but it is mostly flat and straight. I don't know if you have been to the Ozello trail on the gulf coast about due west from TV - near Crystal River. It is about the twistiest road I have been on in central FL. It would be fun in your Supra. I have heard rumors that the sounds from the prison, the turnpike, and the rock quarry are bothersome. Is there any truth to these rumors?
I am doing very well with the throat problems at this point. Can no longer eat or drink anything, but it ain't so bad. I just make fun of it when people see me connecting up the hose to my chest port…

As far as the summer heat, you can get used to it by doing your activities outside either early or late. We don't really have a problem with it.

Now the motorcycling riding down here would be less exciting than NC for sure. I will check out the road over by Crystal River. Thanks for the tip.

The prison and the quarry are non-issues here. The turnpike could be heard if you were close to it as some are. We are probably about 3/4 mile away from the TP as the crow flies. We have a pretty decent doublewide sitting over here on a lot at 2205 Gordon Path and we really don’t hear it from here.

When you get back here, I would like to see you and Jane. Cindy and Art and also Terry are all down here as well now.

We will all have to have a meet up…

-Spoiler

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
That would be great. Count on it for late Oct. or early Nov. We will be returning to TV on Oct. 21st. I had heard that Cindy and Terry were in the Villages area and we intend to look them up for a ride when we return. If you have their contact info, please send it to me via P.M. (now called "conversations"). We would be delighted to see you and them. Jane would LOVE to see your Supra. She would very much like to have one of her own.

Reactions: Spoiler

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,405 Posts
That would be great. Count on it for late Oct. or early Nov. We will be returning to TV on Oct. 21st. I had heard that Cindy and Terry were in the Villages area and we intend to look them up for a ride when we return. If you have their contact info, please send it to me via P.M. (now called "conversations"). We would be delighted to see you and them. Jane would LOVE to see your Supra. She would very much like to have one of her own.
Jim,

I pm’d you the contact info.

I’d be happy to show the Supra to Jane. There are not many around. I’ve only seen 2 others on the road ever.

Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO SHOW HER THE SUPRA!!! That is like giving out a free sample of heroin to a newbie. Get them hooked and then they are easy to reel in :) We (and by "we" I mean me) are quite happy with your low mileage 2007 Mustang GT. We do NOT need a Supra.

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,810 Posts
I appreciate that…. I have had 63 radiation treatments, 7 Chemo infusions and three radical throat surgeries. I am down 130 lbs from my previous life.

Never having smoked in my life, I was amazed that I got this. Doc said it was probably from kissing the wrong girl when I was about 20 years old, (or more probably from kissing her in the wrong place… 🥺). Luckily we are past all that now.

The main thing is for all you fellows that have pre-teen aged kids to make sure that they each get a HPV shot to avoid all of this. It ain’t really all that fun. (I try to make it fun, but most people wouldn’t…)

I have attached some pictures of me on Sept 3, 2020 when I was vacationing up in Gainesville FL at the Shands Cancer Center. These pics are to help you ensure your kids get that shot when they are about 12 or 13 or so….

Love, Spoiler

(This was your public service announcement, now back to your regular programming)
Eric, you are a very strong man with a will to live like no other. Since you can't eat or drink like before, the only thing I can think of to send you is maybe some livermush chapstick.
But seriously -- just keep doing what you've been doing :love: and we really have missed you :giggle:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,405 Posts
Eric, you are a very strong man with a will to live like no other. Since you can't eat or drink like before, the only thing I can think of to send you is maybe some livermush chapstick.
But seriously -- just keep doing what you've been doing :love: and we really have missed you :giggle:

Thank you for the kind words. It has been quite a challenge at times. But I was able to mentally push through it with the help of Mrs Spoiler and many others.

(I appreciate the Livermush chapstick idea. However, I ruffly calculate that I will need at least one “Family sized” tube a week, so I may have to start one of them Goof Fun Me sites to afford all of that….)

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. It has been quite a challenge at times. But I was able to mentally push through it with the help of Mrs Spoiler and many others.

(I appreciate the Livermush chapstick idea. However, I ruffly calculate that I will need at least one “Family sized” tube a week, so I may have to start one of them Goof Fun Me sites to afford all of that….)
Scrapple is better, LOL.

Reactions: sumdatx

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I’ve got a vacation first week of December I was thinking of coming to Tampa and visiting my buddy DuckDown may have to give you a shout and stop to say hi maybe??? Relative has a house near Bradenton if I can get the wife to blow off work and hang with me.

·
FREEBIRD
8,160 Posts
What in the Gods of Livermush just happened here?! I leave for one weekend and Spoiler makes a grand comeback?! What the....?!
Great to see you again, Spoiler! I hope you plan on visiting semi-regularly at least. Sorry to hear about your health issues but glad you're okay. It's great to see you still have your sense of humour and the same 'spirit'. That is gonna be MUCH harder to kill.😉😁 On a side note, I do believe you may have morphed into my childhood hero throughout this journey.
Joint Hand Textile Sleeve Gesture

Jaw Flash photography Event Darkness Electric blue

😁 Cheers! Come by sometime and share some stories and laughs with us, will ya?

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,405 Posts
I’ve got a vacation first week of December I was thinking of coming to Tampa and visiting my buddy DuckDown may have to give you a shout and stop to say hi maybe??? Relative has a house near Bradenton if I can get the wife to blow off work and hang with me.
A visit from you would be welcomed anytime. Let me know as it gets closer

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,405 Posts
What in the Gods of Livermush just happened here?! I leave for one weekend and Spoiler makes a grand comeback?! What the....?!
Great to see you again, Spoiler! I hope you plan on visiting semi-regularly at least. Sorry to hear about your health issues but glad you're okay. It's great to see you still have your sense of humour and the same 'spirit'. That is gonna be MUCH harder to kill.😉😁 On a side note, I do believe you may have morphed into my childhood hero throughout this journey.
View attachment 242653
View attachment 242654

😁 Cheers! Come by sometime and share some stories and laughs with us, will ya?
Now thats pretty funny.

The picture of my arm is where they chopped off a chunk to use to rebuild my epliglotis (windpipe flap). They also took a similar cut off my quad area of my rght leg to patch this hole in my right arm. (I just didn’t want to post any pictures here of that area because it was with my pants off….uh, er… well you know with Ironmk and all…:rolleyes:…)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts