Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Deplorable member
7,409 Posts
Thanks for that... Yeah not a fan of black either though if I get a good deal I might have to go with it. Not a huge fan of big fairings, if it doesn't already have it I will be going with removable wind screen. Biggest options i will be looking for are seat and back rest and maybe bags, but want those to be removable as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
:shrug::shrug::shrug: 100_7010.JPG

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Black is not a good color to have in FL

Many people do get it but you can't even touch the tank if it's been in the sun
That doesn't explain the unbelievable aversion to fairings!! :shrug::swear::confused:

Reactions: Hiramsaint

·
Just an Ordinary Member
374 Posts
That doesn't explain the unbelievable aversion to fairings!! :shrug::swear::confused:
we haven't had any hurricanes for a long time so we get our wind-blast fix by riding at 75mph with a windshield without deflectors and get that hurricane effect around our head. It's a calming experience for FL residents :rolleyes:

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Just not my style....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
No worries, I was just messing with you. Everybody has different wants in a bike... :cheers:

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,049 Posts
we haven't had any hurricanes for a long time so we get our wind-blast fix by riding at 75mph with a windshield without deflectors and get that hurricane effect around our head. It's a calming experience for FL residents :rolleyes:
Maybe that explains my choice to keep my bike naked - No windscreen, no fairing...
Born and raised in Jacksonville

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Too short for my weight
5,564 Posts
Maybe that explains my choice to keep my bike naked - No windscreen, no fairing...
Born and raised in Jacksonville

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!
Doesn't explain it for me... Born n raised Jupiter, FL... :stirpot:

Reactions: nate6966

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,651 Posts

·
Registered
2003 vtx 1800 113000 miles
8 Posts
Man, you guys are no help at all. :)

If it has been well maintained then unless it has over 50k you are good. Even 50k is mild depending on the year depending on the year and price. There are some on here I would buy their bike with 75k if the price was right.
Earlier years had grounding issues, easy fix available. A good site to visit for maintenance is www.bareasschoppers.com They will have all the fixes and situations that have risen on this bike. Overall a great bike for the money. Check to see if the pair valve removal mod was done and if not bareasschoppers will describe it. Since you know bikes I won't go into the typical things. If you can get it off the ground see how the wheels spin and listen for bearing noise. I would do all fluids when bought and go through the site I mentioned and you will be good to go. The rear brakes are dual link so read up on that. Hand front is all front. Rear is 80 rear 20 front with different pistons. Fuel injection only. No petcock. Warning light only when low on gas. When cold start and go. It does idle slightly faster when cold then drops down. Original head light bulb sucks. Most replace with Sam Beavin's LED bulb. Of course stock seat stinks. If you are lucky it will have a Mustang or Ultimatte X seat. What kind of pipes is up to you and what you like. Fairing as well if you like them. You will love the low end torque of this big V-twin with 4" pistons. Rev tops out at around 5600 rpm before the limiter kicks in. The 1800 is fast for a big bike. Smiles are normal. Good luck on your purchase and finding a good one that has been taken care of nicely.
I bought mine new and have put 113000 miles on it with basic maintenance.I did a waterpump and au joint and fork seals but I still think that was maintenance considering the miles I have ridden.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts