Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
he cant take offense to that email. Maybe someone, like the original owner, owed him money and just signed the title over to him...
I know some owners of S models think they have R models, i did at first too, :eek:, but i never saw a C owner think he had an R....and notice he talks about valenced fenders? and rack lights?
Anyway, Genetic, you did the right thing.
Bry :choppersm

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anything is possible...the bike I just bought November 20 was listed as an 1800C, and it even says 1800c on the Indiana Title....however....it is actually an S3....someone at the DMV misses a key and boom, your R is a C. (I ran the Vin against a decoder after noticing the paint code sticker said 1800s3 and it came back as an S even though the title said C. My insurance carrier noticed the same thing when they ran the vin.) Bonus for me...the seller thought he had a C, which someone spent the time and money turning into an S with touring features.....am I smiling?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anything is possible...the bike i just bought november 20 was listed as an 1800c, and it even says 1800c on the indiana title....however....it is actually an s3....someone at the dmv misses a key and boom, your r is a c. (i ran the vin against a decoder after noticing the paint code sticker said 1800s3 and it came back as an s even though the title said c. My insurance carrier noticed the same thing when they ran the vin.) bonus for me...the seller thought he had a c, which someone spent the time and money turning into an s with touring features.....am i smiling?

nice.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
someone should also tell him that the "staggered exhaust" and "Chrome hooded headlight" still means that his not so "R" model is bone stock

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a reply from the seller. He was very nice:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, you are right. I meant to put C, but had been on the Honda site looking at the other models and for some reason I put R in the ad. It will be corrected shortly. Thanks![/FONT]

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Nice

Here is the email I sent him! LOL I was being nice

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know those pics you posted are not of a "R" model. Its a "C" model.
Im not tryint to be rude just helpful!

Happy Selling...

A 1300R Owner
Very nice way to correct someone. It' a lot easier to be nice instead of trying to show how smart you are. Job well done our friend. Wishing you a super nice day and I hope Santa brings you lot of chrome. :patriot:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts