Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/user/CruiserCustomizing#p/search/8/8cfHHet38gE

been thinking of rejetting my 07 1300r.....on reason is that it seems a little flat from 1st to second also my fan seems to be running more often which makes me think im running alittle hot

im running hk3's which had a exhaust leak snapped the stud but got lucky and was able to get it out, 6 bucks for stud and acorn...still have stock air box and filter
anyone with hk3's adjust the carb.....if so what did you do
what type of kit did you use? and were any shims used?
thanx

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
In the video he didn't clip the tit.
You also have to remove the carter pin on the right side of the carb in order to drop the float bowl.
And that was for a Dyna jet (Junk) - much better off with the Factory Pro Stage 3 Kit.
If I were you I would install Glen's permanent A/F adjuster at the same time.
http://www.glensvtxgarage.com/
With the DJ kit you use their spring and with the FP you use the stock spring without cutting it. Your bike will like the FP stage 3.

mexicanhommie - you should go to our tech session in August in Lawton Mi.
You will learn a lot and meet a whole bunch of nice VTX riders and see so many different VTX's.

Donut.:patriot:Doug

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
You should look in to the scar mod and a Glen's permenant A/F tool and not waste a bunch of money on what I have heard poeple call Dyno-junk".
I personaly dont have a jet kit I just have the A/F adjuster.. My bike runs great..

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
You should look in to the scar mod and a Glen's permenant A/F tool and not waste a bunch of money on what I have heard poeple call Dyno-junk".
I personaly dont have a jet kit I just have the A/F adjuster.. My bike runs great..
That is a good option to do and dose work good on lightly modified bikes.
And the Dyno-junk" is junk. (in my opinion) Factory pro is the only way yo if you plan on doing any mods. One thing nice about the FP is you get the 58 slow jet in it and that makes the bike start so much nicer with also the Glen's a/f adjuster. My bike was a terribly cold natured. I now highly recommend these changes.

Donut:patriot:Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts